Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BBC 4 – The Sound of Cinema
  • noteeth
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b51db

A superb series – really enjoying it.

Angelo Badalamenti’s recollection of how he sat down at the piano with David Lynch and wrote the theme to Twin Peaks was a fugging ace moment, among many.

kimbers

been some excellent stuff in this series and the badalamenti bit was standout

some great stuff on 6music too, really need to see if i can download the clint masell one!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

If nothing else it is a reminder of the genius of Bernard Herrmann and John Barry.

To think that Bernard Herrmann started writing scores in the 40’s and went on to write incredible and revolutionary scores for The Wrong Man and Psycho in the late 50’s and then continued to do exactly that in the mid 70’s with Taxi Driver…. The score for Taxi Driver still sounds as fresh and original and edgy as it did back then. Genius.

maccruiskeen

some great stuff on 6music too

the show presented by David Arnold was worth listening to just for the “unexpected item in the bagging area” gag.

kimbers

ha! I was sitting in my car trying to warm up between runs at a very grim aston hill enduro when I heard that and it cheered me right up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BBC 4 – The Sound of Cinema’ is closed to new replies.