Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • BBC
  • jimster
    Free Member

How illogical is this corporation?

They show the first two episodes of Pan-Am with their usual pomp and circumstance, then announce that the programme will be shown on Saturday night at 9.45 from now on!!!!!

How stupid can the schedulers get?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s a Corporation…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Maybe no one watches it so they’re shuving it into a slot more suited..

rewski
    Free Member

what’s a schedule?

thebunk

The definition of a middle class problem?

carbon337
    Free Member

On a different note Frozen planet has been amazing.

D0NK

not seen much but did see them filming the killer whale “wave attack” move up close and personal. “Erm guys they’re coming for us now….GUYS!”

jimster
    Free Member

Maybe no one watches it so they’re shuving it into a slot more suited..

It’s a new series, how can they say no-one watches it?

That’s another one too, new series they’ve paid for and it’s up against Attenborough.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. well I dunno, but I didn’t watch it..

Frozen Planet was quite good. I do love the slow mo cameras. All that ice frozen before our eyes.. neat camera work that.

carbon337
    Free Member

The penguins landing in their lap – what a job they have.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bit wet though yeah.. and a bit of a shock to the Penguins..

Should be a law against it..phift..

lunge

Frozen Planet is an amazing programme, no-one does wildlife better than the Beeb and Attenborough.

DezB
    Free Member

I saw a bit of Pan-Am. Should be on BBC3 at 2 in the morning as far as I’m concerned.

D0NK

no-one does wildlife better than the Beeb and Attenborough

thing is on the behind the scenes bits there’s no sign of the big man. Does he have anything to do with production other than voice over? (TBF nature progs without his dulcet tones do seem wrong)

DezB
    Free Member

He stood on a mountain at the beginning of the first one IIRC. He’s getting a bit old to be chasing killer whales about the place nowadays though.

maccruiskeen

thing is on the behind the scenes bits there’s no sign of the big man.

How many years retirement do you plan to rack up by the time you’re 85? ❓

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t think the guys too well either.

I’m not a huge fan of his, I know I’ll get flamed for that, but I do think it’s time for Bruce Parry or Dan Snow or Fiona Brooks or someone else to have a go. Someone young enough that can build on what they already have as a natural talent and possibly change the direction a little. SOmetimes I find the programmes a bit too formulaic for my liking, not that I want shock/fast and furius 5 or the like, but just something different to spice it up a bit.

Maybe we’re just running out of Planet to film….phift.

kimbers

philconsequence
    Free Member

i want them to do a Blue Planet type series but focussing entirely on ‘The Deep’ and the creatures that lurk down there…. HD and lots of delicious slow motion, narrated by Attenborough of course.

that’d make my boobs tingle.

lunge

I think Attenborough just does the naration now, maybe some of the writing as well but he is certainly not involved in the filming anymore. I think at 85 he is a little past sitting in snowholes for days on end.

However, just the voice is fine for me, IME there is no better hangover TV than watching nature programmes with his dulcet tones in the background, it is just so soothing. Only Shipwrecked somes close for for very different reasons…

rewski
    Free Member

Exactly kimbers.

Frozen Planet it’s interesting eye candy, part of BBC’s strategy to get more people upgrading to HD, especially with London 2012 and Youview launching next year.

D0NK

I was being kind of flippant wasn’t expecting him to be camped out on the snow fields or chasing polar bears, just wondering if “all” he did was provide the correct voice over or if he had any input.

kevin1911

Only caught a few minutes of Pan Am. Is it as cheesy as it seemed?

Cougar

Only caught a few minutes of Pan Am. Is it as cheesy as it seemed?

It is an homage to fromage.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘BBC’ is closed to new replies.