• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bathroom/wall paint – caution totally boring question!
  • toby1

I for the first time in a long time (maybe ever) I need to decorate a bathroom, in order to do this I need some paint … my dull question is, where is best to buy decent paint from for a reasonable price?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Depending on how much you need, a high street DIY store will be as good as anywhere (convenience factored in, it is often cheaper).

But professionals use things like Johnstone's paints.

Use bathroom specific emulsion, especially if you have lots of steamy showers.

Tracey

B&Q will mix it to any colour you want, they have a machine that can colour match to anything

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Will it mix to match the nice tartan scarf I have?
    😀

toby1

I just need to cover up the God awful pink colour it is at the moment, a grey blue to mute it followed by a proper batroom white afterwards should do it 🙂

B&Q vs Homebae Vs the local Dulux centre it is then! Although the Dulux place might win it on traffic alone.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I always use dulux bathroom or diamond finish paint in bathrooms. It's very durable and takes a long time to stain or go mouldy

Tracey

You would need to take the scarf in and ask them

elaineanne
    Free Member

make sure you but BATHROOM specific paint ! 2 coats shud be sufficient.. try not to fall in bath whilst leaning over it …(ive done that before now 😆
    if your on a budget …johnstones paint is cheaper.. my local paint shop is great for mixing any colour you want,,,so thats handy 😉

GJP
    Free Member

I used Fired Earth Acrylic Eggshell. Not the cheapest, but in absolute terms for a bathroom, unless you live in a mansion, it won't break the bank.

Mine has lasted 10 years and is only now starting to show its age.

Can't remember whether I used crown or dulux bathroom paint before that, but that didn't fair so well.

elaineanne
    Free Member

10 years !!! lol you must have dam good plaster on your walls too :mrgreen:

GJP
    Free Member

elaine anne – Member
    10 years !!! lol you must have dam good plaster on your walls too

I will be the first to admit that I am also surprised it has lasted this long. The last stuff really started to peel away badly after a few years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom/wall paint – caution totally boring question!’ is closed to new replies.