• This topic has 27 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jim.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Baselayers Question
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I have a decathlon “seamless” baselayer that i love but it is short sleeved. I want a new long sleeve version and decathlon seem to have stopped making them.

Who else makes tight fitting seamless baselayers?

Stevo210
    Free Member

I use a NorthFace baselayer which is great.

snaps
    Free Member

The Subzero ones are good.

woffle
    Free Member

I just use Uniqlo cheapie merino tops as base layers – I think I paid about £15 – they’ve lasted really well…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 Endura merino

postierich
    Free Member

I,m liking my HH turtle freeze base layer they had 20% off last week 🙂
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/helly-hansen-freeze-12-zip-turtle-base-layer/

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Sports direct sell Nike synthetic baselayers for about a tenner

FuzzyWuzzy

Craft make the best baselayers IME

Pieface

smelly helly ftw

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I have Hellys, Sub Zeros & a Ground Effect Merino; and it’s only the Merino that doesn’t stink after 6 hours.

Todayscyclist
    Free Member

Have a look at Vangard stuff, awesome kit

sam_underhill

Icebreaker ftw. But it is a bit overpriced.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Craft are by far and away the best base layer I’ve ever used- the only one I’ve had where it feels like it does its job properly. Not seamless, but I can’t recommend them enough- the Zero Extreme version has seen me

Go up a size from the usual (I’m a large in these which is upsetting…).

http://shop.mymoti.com/detail.aspx?id=1156&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I like the look of the craft ones luke, do they go baggy quickly tho?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

endura ba ba long sleeve baselayer – second winter in it, never once been cold in it with endura stealth over the top = perfect combo..

-10 conditions and toasty warm at all points whilst riding…

invercyclist
    Free Member

Lidl were doing base layers for a tenner, sleeveless and also long sleeve which I used a couple of weeks at a weekender at Kirroughtree and they were fine… 🙂

goog
    Free Member

Howies nbl http://www.howies.co.uk/product.php/3565/0/%5D 5 years old and still going strong, I got mine from 18 Bikes

Todayscyclist
    Free Member

Go for Vangard, fit is awesome, sweat transportation is frist class. They also do one with wind bit built in

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Why not just buy some thermal long sleeved tops and leggins from BHS or something, why does everyone have to spend so much money on clothing when its for sitting on a bike?

chakaping
    Free Member

My mum always buysm me thin merino jumpers at Xmas, when they get old or holes in them I wear them on the bike.

Work brilliant.

LS
    Free Member

I like the look of the craft ones luke, do they go baggy quickly tho?

I’ve had one of my Craft base layers for 4 years – still tight as a drum.
    Craft make some of the best gear I’ve used. They’re particularly good if you’re tall and slim. A size L baselayer fits my 36″ chest but has arms which cover my wrists, which is a bit of a miracle when you consider that I have most of my long-sleeve stuff made with 4″ longer arms normally.

anc
    Free Member

Sportsdirect also have the Under armour stuff heavy discounted. They’re the best baselayers I’ve used 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Finisterre do good baselayers as do Howies. I also really like the Endura Baa Baa – quite thick so nice and warm.

bomba
    Free Member

Prendas do great base layers at a very good price.

norcbot
    Free Member

Another one for Vangard here.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Rob- no, not at all. If you want a seriously tight fit go for your regular size though.

Been out today for a run in just it and a merino t-shirt. Cracking.

jim
    Free Member

Why not just buy some thermal long sleeved tops and leggins from BHS or something, why does everyone have to spend so much money on clothing when its for sitting on a bike?

Because they’re probably made of cotton and will be worse than useless once they’ve soaked up some sweat?

jim
    Free Member

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Baselayers Question’ is closed to new replies.