Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bars like mary's, but wider?
  • ton

the hand position on mary bars is nearly perfect for my knackered wrists, but a bit woider would be spot on.
    are there any bars like a mary but wider.

tried carnegies, and they wont do.
    tried titec h and j bars, but a pain fitting gears.

owt else?

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

Groovy Cycleworks will do custom width on their ‘Luv Handles’. Standard width is 26″/660mm. Not sure what Mary’s measure at

HTH
    Matt

T1000
    Free Member

How about salsa bend 3… They’re maryesque + wide

sanername

What problem did you have with the carnegie’s? Initially I didn’t like them, but then I switched my brakes from hope techs to formula oros and it seems that it was the length of the brake levers that was putting me off.

tinribz
    Free Member

Remember those big cowbars in the 70s, they were great.

Or would motorbike (beach cruiser) bars fit, seems to be a big range of custom bars for them.

adeward
    Free Member

Brant said he may do some wider Mary bars, maybe if we all shout loud enough bhe might hear us BRANT WIDER MARY BARS REQUIRED please

yunki
    Free Member

AYE..! with a bit more rise too perhaps..?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye i like width of carnegies but the more time i spend on them the more i wish they had more baksweep !

Marys too narrow

Make a love child out of them both !

YoKaiser
    Free Member

It seems marys are 645mm wide, what about surly open bars 666mm wide or gusset stash bars, not quite as swept but 680mm. And I second the luv handles, feel just right.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    mountaingorilla
    Free Member

I’m feeling a lot of love for the fleegle bars at the moment. Pretty wide and comfortable for my dodgy wrists after experimenting to find the best angle (ends pointing up slightly). They’re also on sale at the moment for £20… (or they were a couple of weeks ago).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bars like mary's, but wider?’ is closed to new replies.