Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Bar end plugs saved my life!
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

So stupid here figured he'd have a go at getting a bit of air and then landing on a foot high rocky wall feature, needless to say intent out weighed ability (although personally I would blame slippery rocks and too much air in me tyres) and as the front wheel slid off the rocks the bars span and I tried to kebab my leg.

The presence of bar end plugs probably stopped anything particularly nasty!

Thankfully my banana was unbruised!

wors

Why do you have a banana on your leg?

MrNutt
    Free Member

you had to stare didn't you!!! pervert!!

wors

Its a very impressive banana though.

MrNutt
    Free Member

AVERT YOUR EYES OGGLER!!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

That banana is quite straight.

MrNutt
    Free Member

what is wrong with you people?!?! this is a serious public safety announcement!

nbt

Dear god someone lock this thread before derek_starship gets here with his pictures

wors

He didn't have a banana in his picture though.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Oh this morning I'm sore! What pray tell were MrStarships said photos of?

devs
    Free Member

Floorboards could do with a sand and varnish and that gopping carpet needs some attention!

allthepies
    Free Member

>What pray tell were MrStarships said photos of?

I'm not sure but it was approx the size you'd expect a starship to be.

nbt

MrNutt – Member

Oh this morning I'm sore! What pray tell were MrStarships said photos of?

You missed that one? Mister Starship had a crash wherein a non-bar-plugged bar was forcefully propelled into his ample midriff, resulting in serious injury and some enforced hospitalisation. Sadly his cautionary tale was not met with sympathy and understanding but rather some ribald merriment and gentle (and not so gentle) mockery of the rather large target afforded to the handlebar in question

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah its coming back to me now! poor MrStarship, never been the same since "the accident" 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

ooo, my **** eyes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I take the presence of the banana to indicate that's your dating website shot too ?

sv

Didnt the Starships injury turned out to be quite nasty in the end?

Solo
    Free Member

LoL at SFB.

If only it were that easy
    🙂

Ouch !, Barf, ouch !.

The bomb-bay on that starship has hurt my eyes.

Lets hope that picture isn't Mr Starship's dating website photo…

MrNutt
    Free Member

anybody know how MrStarship's doing, that looks fxxking painful

organic355
    Free Member

Youve got a Banana for a willy, tee hee!!

devs
    Free Member

That purple bruise looks like a map of Jordan. It's a sign man, it's a sign!

brakes
    Free Member

you should have used branded bar end plugs which would have imprinted a nice 'ODI' or similar in your leg/ banana, photos of which could have been used/ sold for marketing purposes

MrNutt
    Free Member

Jordan? as you can see from my banana I'm not of any particular religious persuasion, I'm not sure if I would fit in over their as I always tend to get on quite well with my next door neighbours 😀

uponthedowns
    Free Member

TJ will probably be along shortly to tell you that there is no statistical evidence for the life saving properties of bar end plugs and your anecdotal experience is not enough to support your sweeping claim.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I'd much rather believe that bar end plugs cause more damage than they prevent. Much like helmets!?! 🙄

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Absolutely. The presence of bar end plugs obviously gave MrNutt a false sense of security leading to the over confidence which promped him to attempt the reckless manouver that resulted in his injury.

Harry_the_Spider

Mr Starship is a shadow of his former self now. I think he has also lost some height though.

A bar end plug probably saved his life.

derek_starship
    Free Member

And still you feckers mock.

No – to be fair – I don't blame you that belly was ugly.

As for the bar ends – I was told, quite frankly by the A&E doc that an open bar end would have taken a core sample of skin, (a bit of) subcutaenous fat and spleen. He said I would have probably bled out on the hill as I was far from help.

Believe it or not, I was also told that my stomach muscles are extremely strong and prevented intra-abdominal trauma injuries. That six pack is still in there under all that rubbish.

I still have a 9x6x2cm haematoma and a nasty scar where the bar end made impact and I have lost 32lb so the belly, although not gorgeous, is no where near as bad as it was 😆

Solo
    Free Member

Almost PMSL at the branded impression comment, briliant.

Mr SS. Glad to see you're still with us.

32lb lost ?, my word, thats a lot, I hope you feel better now.
    🙂

SSBonty
    Free Member

Did similar but right in the middle of the chest many years ago, without bar end plugs, thankfully some v v heavy Azonic risers where the wall thickness was almost greater than the hole in the middle, if it had been an XC bar I'd have cored a nice section of ribs I reckon…

MrNutt
    Free Member

The bruse is maturing nicely, if your unlucky I may update you all later! 😀

devs
    Free Member

Ok so I remembered it as a mirror image. Strange. glad you ok Mr Jordanmirrorimagebruisestarship

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I like this thread, it has made an otherwise dreary afternoon a little brighter! 🙂

I'm glad both Mr. Nutt and Mr. Starship have lived to tell the tales!

Jamie
    Free Member

I'd much rather believe that bar end plugs cause more damage than they prevent. Much like helmets!?!

I dunno about that….

coatesy
    Free Member

On a serious note, hadn't seen a regular customer for about 8 months, turned out he'd been hospitalised for 6 of those months after an unplugged bar end went straight through into his stomach during an accident, definitely not a pleasant sight.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Bar end plugs saved my life!’ is closed to new replies.