Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bar 720mm or over in 25.4mm diameter?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

It’s been three and a half years since I last changed handlebars. I’m figuring it’s time to get some new bars, but my stems are all for 25.4mm bar diameters – does anyone know of a manufacturer that does reasonably priced 720mm+ aluminium bars in the 25.4mm diameter?

Or am I correct in thinking that this is a bit risky for manufacturers to do, and wider bars are only possible because of the thicker 31.8mm that is now more common?

chilli
    Free Member

Funn do a nice 750 mm in 25.4 think it’s called the’ full on ‘ loads on eBay.

jonba
    Free Member

Sunnline used to do some, most people seem to only do oversize these days so maybe it would be easier (and cheaper) to get a new bar stem combo?

float
    Free Member

you better still be running 7/8 speed on your bike if you’re this disinclined to just buy an OS bar and stem.

gingerss
    Free Member

Have you considered a bar and stem combo? You can often get both for not much more than bars alone.

Merlin cycles sometimes have them. You might want to consider a slightly shorter stem as you widen your bars. Nothing too drastic, maybe 10mm less per 30mm wider.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

widest Ive seen widely available in 25.4 flavour are Sunline V3

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=13042

and the kcnc bone

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P904/product

Ive got V3s in a thomson, the skinny look works nicely with the frame (steel hardtail) and I’m not heavy enough to notice any change in stiffness. Why bin a perfectly nice, quality stem because of a change in fashion?

Dancake
    Free Member

Just got a 25.4 x 711 sunline v3 from crc for 13 quid

I like it. 25 or 50 rise

edit they might have gone now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bar 720mm or over in 25.4mm diameter?’ is closed to new replies.