Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • bank holiday workers roll call..
  • MartynS

well here we are, sat on a motorway bridge over the M56 doing lives for breakfast news about pot holes. Brilliant…..
    Who else is working today then?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

*raises hand*

But then I work every day I'm not on leave. 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 40 weeks a year. 😀

bruneep

It's a holiday?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I'll join the gang. Quite pleased about it as well.

Empty office and phones on divert to voicemail.

Off Friday instead as we're heading for Fort William for the World Cup.

😀

househusband

Yup, leaving in 5mins.

GrahamS

Yep, just woke up. We don't get any public holidays, except Christmas and that comes out our holiday allowance. 🙁

On the bright side I can afford to leave 15 minutes later this morning.

forge197
    Free Member

Yup from home though document to write, no BH for me but get an extra day around Xmas / New Year.

b1galus
    Free Member

and another one here

mogrim

Not a holiday here, but Thursday is.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Yep, I'm off in an hour, but I don't mind, I like working 😛

robgarrioch

Oh yes, nice & sunny today after pi**ing down most of yesterday 🙄
    Heading north to Orkney on Friday though, calling into Balblair + Golspie on the way, so the futures bright!

trail_rat
    Free Member

No bh for me . Just got 29 days as and when + xmas , day after and new years and day after.

Hope its a quiet one at work – legs are buckled after 500k round the northern tip of scotland this weekend

Drac

Off for once done ok this year normaly work them all.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah, not until 12 though, then finish at 9 before a 500 mile drive down to London overnight. First long journey for the new baby too, so could be hell.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not sure if it's holiday in Scotland or not, but we get most of the bank holidays added to our annual leave entitlement so can choose to work them or take then off.

I quite like working bank holidays as I can get stuff done as it's quiet.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

hey martyns yup stuck in my windowless MCR again, not got much on today. Atleast your outside doing stuff.

woffle
    Free Member

working from home today – sole point of contact for our backoffice. Hopefully they'll all be out the office by 3…

eckinspain
    Free Member

yup – no holiday in Spain today but Thursday is, so I'll be out riding then in the hot hot heat.

SnS
    Free Member

Also in.

Don't actually mind working bank hols as the roads to most places I want to get to are usually like car parks.

Chris

GrahamS

Quite a weird feeling. The road to work was completely empty (it's usually nose-to-tail) and I'm the only person here in the entire 8 floor office block I'm working in.

I'm half expecting to find all my co-workers have been turned into brain-eating zombies.

donsimon
    Free Member

Another one working here.

eckinspain – Member

yup – no holiday in Spain today but Thursday is, so I'll be out riding then in the hot hot heat.

What's the holiday? I'll also be getting the Friday off, 4 day weekend for me. 😆

Caher

Yup Thursday is the holiday here

Beagleboy

I'm the only one in our lab so far. However, it does mean I can crank the radio up (might change it over from 5 Live first), and my experiment seems to have worked and I'm going to bunk off early so I can go play on my bike later.

Not all bad then. 😆

RustyMac

*raises hand*

Quietly quie glad to be in work today. Gets me away from decorating my girlfriends flat which seems to be harder work than work 🙂

pennine
    Free Member

At work all day (near Leeds). Joys of working in the transport industry!

specialone
    Free Member

Yip stuck in this hell hole till 5 🙁

eckinspain
    Free Member

What's the holiday? I'll also be getting the Friday off, 4 day weekend for me.

Thursday is Corpus Christi. It's not usually a holiday but because so many of the other usual holidays this year have fallen at the weekend, they have made Corpus a holiday to keep up the numbers!

mattbee

Yup, all day Sat, 14 hours yesterday and this afternoon.

thecrackfox
    Free Member

Yep, I work all Bank Holidays as well. But off for 11 days from Thursday including Fort Bill World Cup. 😀

gibby

Working here but get day off in lieu so not all bad

turboferret

No holiday in India, but I'll take it lieu when convenient

Cheers, Rich

WackoAK
    Free Member

In work all day on my own but I'll be off on Friday as heading to Fort Bill for the world cup 😀

DarrenH

In work tonight 🙁
    Technically I'm off friday, so it's not all bad I suppose.

grim168
    Free Member

I'm in today. I work three shifts, sun mon tues days at moment. So tomorrow is friday 😀

Bunnyhop

Waves to MartynS. Will anybody be watching the pothole stuff?

Shame you have to work as me and mr bh. wanted to go riding with you. 😥

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

yep were in and open….so far its been a tumbleweed morning.just trying to get motivated to finish of a lengthy tender doc..

MartynS

Waves to MartynS. Will anybody be watching the pothole stuff?

no….! we got cleared at 8.30. home now, might go out later, depends what 'er in doors wants to do

iDave
    Free Member

i am working through choice rather than joining the great unwashed in bank holiday hell. collecting strategic info, ring-fencing choice clients, and learning Portuguese. the reality is, it's dreary and shite, but now is a good day for it.

outby
    Free Member

At work too, start at 2 for 9 1/2 hour

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not working but doing some proper spring cleaning. 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘bank holiday workers roll call..’ is closed to new replies.