Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • balblair black trail
  • trinity1
    Free Member

Just a bit of a shout out for balblair black trail just out side bonar bridge in the highlands possibly the best trail i have ever ridden what a place! Loads of natural rock and a great final steep descent through the trees cant praise it enough. If you are ever up that way give it a go its well worth it.

robgarrioch

Have to agree that what they've done with the features ranks right up there –

Loved the stone-step climb too –

Are you getting anywhere near Golspie too? Not far off as good, esp. the singletrack climb / lactic ladder…

trinity1
    Free Member

have been to golspie too and loved it but balblair is definately more my thing i love the technical rock riding, the stone ladder has defeated me up till now but nearly made it to the top the other day.

The tope two sections at golspie are fantastic so fast!!

All i can say is more of the same for the higholands please we need it and there are plenty of places like golspie along the coast up here

Bunnyhop

Yes it is indeed great fun. We were lucky like you and rode it in decent dry conditions.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Balblair is great, but some of its beauty is in the peacefulness… so shhhhh! no more of these threads please. its nice living quite close to balblair.

trinity1
    Free Member

oops hadnt thought about that, actually its rubbish dont go you wont like it!

🙂

aviemoron
    Free Member

Yep, its rubbish, never go there, especially with a 29er and nice big grippy tyres.

Hal
    Free Member

I agree, its crap, But i had better go back and have another go, Just to make sure it stays crap, 🙄

nickegg
    Free Member

Why have they covered bed rock in wood work?

shortcut

Been there twice, much like Blackpool. First time I wasn't sure, second time realised it really was that bad.

Cannock really is sooooo much better. Go there!

NZCol

I went out there about this time last year, 7am, stinking hot day brewing, on my Serotta Ti 29er. Lovely piece of trailbuilding, really nice to ride, basically got round clean but was challenged in a big way in a few places which made me really appreciate the efforts. Great views, nice spot. Went past again later that day and took my wife in to a few choice spots which she also loved. Brilliant spot. Golspie super good too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘balblair black trail’ is closed to new replies.