Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bag for commuting
  • Sawyer
    Free Member

Hello all.

Currently riding to work wearing a knackered old cheap Nike rucksack, which is causing shoulder and lower back pain, due to the position of the weight on my back as I ride.

Looking for suggestions for a decent, supportive bag, preferably a singlestrap [EDIT: but not one that’s going to swing around while riding] (right shoulder if possible). Needs to be able to carry spare shoes, clothes and a couple of locks for now, and potentially notes/books when I get back to uni. Like the look of this but am unsure on whether I could get shoes in there (size 11 if that helps!).

Could probably stretch to around £50 if it’s something that’ll last a good long time!

Thanks.

mrmo
    Free Member

do you need to carry shoes? i found that they are a real pain and now leave a pair at work. As for a bag i use an old Timbuk2 courier but i suspect they aren’t anywhere near £50

Sawyer
    Free Member

Yeah, unfortunately need to carry shoes, which is a pain in the arse, as they’re the heavy thing.

EDIT: seems the only Timbuk2 bags in my range are going to be too small, shame though, they look good.

Sawyer
    Free Member
    moniex
    Free Member

I got a the north face messenger bag, they do different sizes, but mine fits A4 and was around £50. one strap, very padded and one of those extra straps that stops it swinging around when riding.

I use it for riding and carry it most of the day for work and it is very comfy.

Also used a similar dakine and that was agony to wear!

hth
    Simone

xcstu
    Free Member

swear by my vaude bike alpine air 30 +5… best bag period

think mine is older as has a helmet carry cover.. not shown on this one

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bag for commuting’ is closed to new replies.