Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Bad accident in Macc forest
  • duckers
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    wtf?/ bearings??

Every STW conversation kaesae gets involved in seems to end up with him discussing how high quality the cheap tat bearings he sells are, I thought i'd just help him along a little with this one as it didnt seem to be going that way.

'Mountaineer's skull fractured by falling bearing'etc

Was that a pregreased, sealed, or open cage bearing? was it super high quality from ebay? kaesaes bearings are much more suited to falling on mountaineers heads at medium to low spead, not high speed.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I had a nice face plant earlier, covered in bruises, bit stiff in the elbows.

Meh – You have to take the rough with the smooth.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

– You have to take the rough with the smooth.

you mean bearings ?? I do wish people wouldn't hijack legitimate bearing threads to witter on about falling off bicycles 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

A guy at work got paralysed from the neck down I think on the final descent at cwmcarn xc.

I often imagine the possibilities of getting it wrong on that bit. One jump hit wrong and you'd be sailing through the air uninterrupted on your way to the valley floor.

Brycey
    Free Member

"Unlikely, there's no Walls to speak of on the course really. Possibly charity lane, or maybe the chute down to the road near the church? Either way it's just an unfortunate accident"

There's a wall half way down with a drop is there not?

I reckon the response to this is absolute pish, whether it's a dangerous not (and it's not for most) a spinal injury is no fun whatsoever. It sounds like it may be the story from a while back re-told though.

mtb_matt
    Free Member

I don't really have any more info other than it was actually someone my father in law used to work with, so its no some old regurgitated story. I was hoping that someone may have had more details and filled in the gaps.

As someone who rides frequently round Macc forest, sometimes on my own, its a sobering story to hear and I guess when you ride a lot and haven't fallen off in a while you start to build a sense of invincibility.

Matt

MrOvershoot

mtb_matt – Member
    As someone who rides frequently round Macc forest, sometimes on my own, its a sobering story to hear and I guess when you ride a lot and haven't fallen off in a while you start to build a sense of invincibility.

No chance of Hig's doing that he has a history of crashing, and he has even managed to destroy a helmet while in the Leather's Smithy 😮

amodicumofgnar

even managed to destroy a helmet while in the Leather's Smithy

what'd he do? melt it by the fire?

MrOvershoot

oldagedpredator – Member
    what'd he do? melt it by the fire?

I think my quote was "did someone order scampi"

Well it smelt like it at the time.

It was slushy snow for the whole ride & "F"ing windy so the open fire was welcome, his gloves were almost at boiling point when we noticed the melting Met 5th element

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Bad accident in Macc forest’ is closed to new replies.