Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Baby Robin!
  • Stoner
    Free Member

No, really!
    Had a pair of robins nesting in the potting box and had heard them feeding a chick over the last week. Today Baby Robin was yomping around the potting bay and managing to fly. End of April?!?!!!

Also today first swallow turned up and has made itself comfortable on the cable across the yard.

Weird times, weird times….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tomorrow, on the Archers, Eddie Stoner azz too much zider….

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Are you sure it was a baby robin ?

You’d be surprised what gets mistaken for a baby robin

LeeW

Shhhh, Ask1974 might crash in to it. It’ll be someone elses fault obviously.

Stoner
    Free Member

Better looking than a baby Pigeon! Yuck!

😉

Merak

I have a recurrent Red Robin visitor who visits, he’s lookin a bit worse for wear these days but Im still glad to see him. I feel sure its the same one, he’s as brave as you like.
    I hear you can entice them with food, if your patient enough, they will feed from your hand!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Better looking than a baby Pigeon! Yuck!

You’re such a snob Stoner with your la-dee-da red-fronted poncy passerines in the potting bay.

There’s nothing wrong with streetwise pigeons who know how to do a bit of ducking and diving.

And god bless their tireless commitment to keeping our streets clean and free of unwanted takeaway leftovers.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

since it was me that started the “baby robin” thing, here’s a photo i took up near rivi reservoir earlier this year:

Stoner
    Free Member

pigeons? Idle bastards, always on the loaf. Proper RMT members. Now, crows, like Bob Crow, well, we know how they play….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

‘kin gorgeous…not!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Those are white doves Stoner – you’ll note the lack of pigment in their skins.

I would have thought that white doves flying around the dovecote would make a delightful topic of discussion, whilst you’re sitting in your garden having tea with the vicar and the ladies from the WI.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im afraid Im more a sucker for wild birds on the estate than cultivated….unless it’s a driven shoot, obviously 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Im more a sucker for wild birds on the estate than cultivated

I know what you mean mate – the birds on the New Addington Estate near me are well dirty. No need to do any expensive arty/cultural stuff with them – just a bottle of some cheap fizzy stuff from Tesco and a packet of fags should do it.

Stoner
    Free Member

🙂

We should probably get a room darling …..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pigeons are lovely.

In a pie.

Nom. Nom, and indeed nom.

user-removed
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Member
    since it was me that started the “baby robin” thing…

Glad to see you’re finally embracing the legend of the STW baby robin.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

user-removed
    Glad to see you’re finally embracing the legend of the STW baby robin.

You mean it was you that was sexing them all along?

zokes
    Free Member

Why do those baby pigeons / doves have adult-sized beaks?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It saves them having to grow them later. They are each born with a huge schnozzola – which they simply grow into. It saves them both time and effort. And it makes perfect sense to me.

Karinofnine

Why, were you born with a huge beak Ernie? 🙂

Karinofnine

ERNIE IS A BIRD!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

were you born with a huge beak Ernie?

Like Jimmy Durante. It came as a terrible shock to the midwife.

I also had a stupid smirk on my face and a certain look of bemused disdain. Very much like that little fella in the photo in fact.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Baby Robin!’ is closed to new replies.