Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • "Baby on Board" window signs
  • Tinners

That sounds like a good enough reason to me, garage-dweller and a good reason to go for a light interior if you've got kids :-). It's going to sound like I'm taking the p*** now, but I'm not, I swear – Wouldn't it be more effective to dress the little fella in something fluorescent so that the flashlights would pick him out? Reason I say this is because it sounds like the emergency guys pay little attention to the signs and something reflective might pick him out quicker. Alternatively, putting some 3M reflective tape on the car seat so that if it happens to go into a car without a sign, he'll be picked out without delay. Do you take the sign down when he's not in the car (to avoid a needless wild goose chase whilst you're possibly choking over a mangled steering wheel in the front) and reapply it to other vehicles if he's, say, travelling in grandparents car, taxi or even bus (if they struggle to see him in the back of a car, think how easy it would be to lose a baby on a bus – and I mean that in all seriousness)? Your reasons for doing it are entirely sensible and commendable, but I wonder how reliable these signs are. I get the impression from the emergency guys that they do a thorough check regardless. I'm not trying to sound like a smart@rse and apologies if it sounds sarcastic, but I wonder whether this use of the signs stands up to scrutiny and whether there are better ways of protecting these little ones should the unthinkable happen.

Sven

Paul Foot after 2:20min

molgrips
    Free Member

To be honest, if we had an accident in either car, there'd be toys, board books, dolls, teddies, kids clothes, packets of wipe, nappies, drinking straws, half eaten chewy bars and all sorts of crap scattered all over the car anyway. I think this might be a giveaway 🙂

Plus, the sight of a car seat is as reliable an indicator of baby presence as a sign.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I reckon a surefire way of getting someone to shunt your rear bumper would be to have a sign in the rear window saying "Wedding Cake In Transit"

Tinners

Shouldn't Boris be running some sort of safety initiative for TfL to hand out little portable "Baby on board" signs that parents can keep in their bags to temporarily apply to the window when travelling with babies by bus or tube? Also – and I really have too much time on my hands at the moment and will go now (I'm doing some very boring work on the computer this evening and keep getting drawn back to this thread) – I've done a google search and nobody makes reflective jackets for babies. A gap in the market for some aspiring entrepreneur, surely?

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Best one I ever saw was " perfect family on board" !!!!!!!!
    I nearly crashed laughing at that one lol
    Caz xx

Ewan
    Free Member

Massive lorries with the word 'Horses' written on the back irritate me….

a) it's properly obvious it's horse box
    b) what do you want a round of applause?

northshoreniall

I used to have "never underestimate the power of a sick mind" sticker on my Volvo 440. People gave me wide berth, or could just be because was driving volvo 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

it's properly obvious it's horse box

Only because you've seen so many of them with Horses written across the back 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

What they all really mean is "bloke with fully functional sperm on board"

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wide Load.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if anyone knows where i can get a "i brake HARD for people who dont observe the 2 second rule" sign… let me know.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘"Baby on Board" window signs’ is closed to new replies.