Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • AyUp Light upgrade or Trouty?
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

After my battery thread yeaterday look like I’ll contact Smudge to fix them I then though about keeping it all in the UK/STW

So is Trouty doing an upgrade on the AyUps I remember reading something on here about it?
    If so does anyone know how much?

The AyUp one is about £40 a go (I’ve got two), I wasn’t after the “light bar” upgrade as I like the run time but the latest LED upgrade is what I really wanted, maybe the optic upgrade on the handlebar light too. The spot optic is pretty good as is I think

smudge
    Free Member

Still does them Probably best email him to find out the prices.

Also check to see if Ay-Up use the same spec LED to what Troutie puts in as they seem cheaper but may well still be a year out of date to his

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup – he did mine but I can remember how much 🙂 This was 4 months ago or so 🙂

I think materials were about £25 + Labour

29erKeith
    Free Member

great cheers

Smudge, while you’re here how much roughly will it cost to replace/repair four AyUp battery leads with dodgy connections?

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Keith,
    It would be best to see them first to see if theyre repairable or not. If repairable much more than a couple of quid each plus return postage.

29erKeith
    Free Member

ok cheers I’ll drop you a line in about a month

swampi
    Free Member

He did mine a few weeks ago, was about £70 returned for 2, work really well, the ayup site have changed the way they upgrade now, rather than using your old bits they just replace it to which ever spec you want for £40 so you get a brand new light, I think the website say they donate the older lights to school projects etc, probably didnt work out to be cost effective for them pulling old lights apart…plus i had smudge knock me up 2 new batteries as the ayup ones alway split their cables

MrKmkII
    Free Member

you won’t get an ay-up upgrade between now and september – they don’t offer them after the 1st of march 🙁

mooman
    Free Member

I emailed Troutie twice – didnt recieve a one reply.
    So I guessing he not doing the upgrade anymore? Or he just too important & busy to reply??

swampi
    Free Member

ah he is a touch slow on communication……but gets there in the end 🙂

mollyiom
    Free Member

I emailed Troutie twice – didnt recieve a one reply.
    So I guessing he not doing the upgrade anymore? Or he just too important & busy to reply??

You need to remember he isn’t ‘chainReaction” with staff waiting to answer every enquiry within time limits.

smudge
    Free Member

he does had email problems now and again. mooman i’ll get in touch with him for you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just done the Ay Up upgrade, arrived before I returned them, though they have stopped for winter now. (your summer)

smudge
    Free Member

mooman, you should of had a reply now?

karnali
    Free Member

just discovered this upgrade service, will be upgradin my lights come september if its still avail, i have a set of 2007’s i think so for £80 or there abouts for new lights more than happyy. cheers for the info

trout
    Free Member

Mooman apologies but I have just gone through my mails right back to September and can’t find any from
    your email in your profile and all Ayup references in my inbox .
    of course it is possible you used another mail and I have missed it .
    if you still want an Ayup upgrading then remail me please.

Yes I am still doing upgrades for Ayups. and Hope visions. 2 and 4

Mooman. apologies as just found your mails. 29 Jan. and 2 feb yes I must have overlooked them My Bad .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘AyUp Light upgrade or Trouty?’ is closed to new replies.