Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Avid Juicy 3 Brake advice
  • skyhigh_71

HI All,

Advice please. I’m trying to sort out the front brake on my son’s bike – Juicy 3.

I have the proper bleed kit and have followed the Avid youtube video closely. Attempted 3 bleeds, but still have a problem.

The lever pulls back, but does not return to the open postion. Could it be the master cylinder in the lever is jammed/faulty?

Many thanks

aidso
    Free Member

Sounds like a lack of pressure? Are you sure all the bubbles are out and there are no holes/cracks around the resevoir?

I absolutely detested my Juicy 3s. They never seemed to be satisfied.

imp999
    Free Member

I had this and I put it down to someone previously lubing the handle with something like GT85/WD40. There is an O ring on the piston and it swells and jams the handle.
    I managed to ALMOST sort mine with copious squirts of Silicon spray – gets rid of WD40 etc and lubs the O ring without attacking it.
    O ring is 10×2 I think.

alfabus
    Free Member

<standard juicy 3 advice> Bin them and get some shimanos </standard juicy 3 advice>

HTH

Dave

skyhigh_71

Thanks, sounds like GT85 on the lever – I often put a bit on after a bike wash 🙁

Conan257
    Free Member

alfabus – Member
    <standard juicy 3 advice> Bin them and get some shimanos </standard juicy 3 advice>

HTH

Dave
    ^ This.

Apologies for the unhelpful advice, I’ve used plenty of different types of brakes, and these are simply pants.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Avid Juicy 3 Brake advice’ is closed to new replies.