Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Avid Elexir R
  • wors

Anybody use them? Opinions?

swoosh
    Free Member

yes, good, easy to change pads, good feel at the lever. only used them for 5 months so not had much chance for them to go wrong.

TooTall
    Free Member

They stop me, so they will stop you. I am gravitationally challenged and have the skills of a house brick.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I have the CRs – they are very good. Much better than the Juicy 5s they replaced.

Shred
    Free Member

Had them, moved on to Hope X2s. Didn't get on with them. Pad clearance issues mainly and never able to set them up without rubbing. Even multiple trips to LBS.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I´ve got them and found them v. good. They had some issues with the factory bleed and I´ve had to rebleed mine.

stumpy01

Mine require a bleed from new, but I already had a bleed kit from my Juicy 7's on the other bike and it's easy to do….

Performance between the Juicy & the Elixirs are about the same as far as I can tell, but the Elixirs don't seem to have the 'sticky piston' issue that the Juicy's have and the pads are ridiculously easy to change.

marsdenman
    Free Member

as I previously posted on that other thread ^^^

Had J7's, rear one caused me nowt but trouble from day 1, finally seizing…
    Despite saying 'never again' to Avid i dropped the cash on Elixir CR's after a lot of asking and shopping around – wiggle had them at £100 an end at the time for OE carbons..
    Went with 'em chiefly because I already had the bleed kit etc, price was right and reviews were mostly good…

Have to say, lovin the Elixirs – far better brake that the Juicy's – even with Superstar pads in there 😀

malchales
    Free Member

Yep, put them on my Anthem X1 i love em!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elexir R’ is closed to new replies.