Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Avid BB7 prices
  • soulstealer
    Free Member

Hi all

I’m looking at getting some Avid BB7s for my singlespeed hack bike. Usually run Hopes on my geared bike and have read all the reviews so know the pros and cons of cable discs, but am trying to keep costs down.

The thing is a quick search shows loads of ebay sellers based in China pretty much doing two brakes for the cost of just one if I bought from a UK shop. I’m all for keeping business local but this seems too good an opportunity to pass up!! Has anyone had any experience of buying from any of these suppliers?? They all have great feedback but would be great to hear from fellow singletrackers before taking the plunge.

Cheers in advance.

cp

yep, I did – arrived in about a week, complete with sintered pads. Bargain.

soulstealer
    Free Member

Cheers CD don’t suppose you remember who you used do you?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    convert

Seen these to – but sadly I want the road version to use with STIs and they don’t seem to come up too often that cheap. Annoying as the difference must be minimal.

cp

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/silencebutbetter

but they don’t seem to have any callipers-only at the moment. I paid £46 delivered for the pair.

MrTall
    Free Member

BB5’s at On One no good to you at £30 an end? Seeing as it’s only for a hack bike?

They did have a load of discounted BB7’s as well but they seem to have all disappeared.

onewheelgood

I was looking at these but even though I already owned a pair of Speed Dial Ti levers, it was still cheaper to buy a pair of Elixir 3s for £93 including HS1 rotors from Merlin. They are a bit heavy though.

binners

I’ve bought all sorts, including 2 frames direct from China or Hong Kong on ebay. Never had an issue. You’ll be looking at 7-10 days delivery

zovelo
    Free Member

Looks like the on-one price is actually £49.99, not £30. Some error in their catalogue listing.
    Still a good deal though at £20 off.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Avid BB7 prices’ is closed to new replies.