Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Attacking an intruder
  • wayniac
    Free Member

About an hour ago I heard the front door open. Got up and found a man in my porch! Shouted at him to leave which he duly did, ver calmly which I thought was strange. I followed him out the door and down my steps shouting at him while he very coolly walked away.

Maybe I should have followed him, grabbed him and took him down but since I followed him does that make me the bad guy or should I ave just limped him one. Sat here thinking maybe he was an innocent drunk or maybe I just let him get away to do this to someone else.

Police have been and are out looking for him.

yunki
    Free Member

wayniac
    Free Member

Ha! Got 888’s that would cause them some damage.

Kevevs
    Free Member

you are my gran *swoon*

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sometimes this shit happens. A few years ago I went home to a lad in my yard waving a paintbrush and I was terrified having just been broken into. Turns out he was known to plod as a gas abuser and had just happened to choose my house to enjoy himself in.

Sounds to me you just had a similar experience.

chewkw
    Free Member

If he has not taken anything just let him go … could be drunk, high etc., Also you are in the UK/EU so never beat someone up unless your life is threaten because of human rights …

Next time take a pic of the person using your mobile if you can just in case.

But if you live in other part of the world … shoot then ask or get the whole village to beat the person to pulp then ask some questions. Police there will thank you for doing that and not bothering them during their tea time … however, if police is disturbed during their tea time the intruder will be in for a hard beating for disrupting police tea time. Fact.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

grab a kine and ram it through him..

wayniac
    Free Member

Now I think about it he was probably just pissed. Surely if he’d been a bad guy he would have ran not walked. Also he was closing the door as I confronted him don’t think many thieves would block off their exit.

chewkw
    Free Member

wayniac – Member

Now I think about it he was probably just pissed. Surely if he’d been a bad guy he would have ran not walked. Also he was closing the door as I confronted him don’t think many thieves would block off their exit.

Depending on the person he may come back again so you might need to beef up your security. He could be a potential serial murderer that is planning his next step…

yunki
    Free Member

pissed up wandered into the wrong house..

my mate did it a few years back… he was meant to be staying at a mutual friends but let himself into the house next door by mistake..

he made himself a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich before cracking on with a pile of ironing that had been left on the sofa.. the homeowners were woken by the sound of the TV and went down to investigate..

cue confusion, panic, scuffling, police etc.. he spent a night in the cells but no harm done in the end.. 🙂

wayniac
    Free Member

Well if he did he ironing I wouldn’t mind him popping in every now and then.

tinribz
    Free Member

Sounds like you did the right thing all things considered.

wayniac
    Free Member

Good response from the police they were here within 10 minutes and went straight out looking for him.

skywalker
    Free Member

Sounds like he was casing your house and is probably going to come back tonight whilst you sleep and either kill you and your family, or steal your personal belongings to sell and buy crack.

Kevevs
    Free Member

like your lackadaisical style though it must be said

pinches
    Free Member

my mate did it a few years back… he was meant to be staying at a mutual friends but let himself into the house next door by mistake..

he made himself a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich before cracking on with a pile of ironing that had been left on the sofa.. the homeowners were woken by the sound of the TV and went down to investigate..

brilliant!

Kevevs
    Free Member

😀

yunki
    Free Member

they really really wanted to charge him with burglary but the fact that he was doing their ironing obviously went in his favour.. 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

bad ironing. scourge of the wealthy. do the bastard

nealglover
    Free Member

Depending on the person he may come back again so you might need to beef up your security.

Or maybe just try locking your door ?

Reasonably effective at stopping people wandering in off the street.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL chewkw, try watching less tv and reading fewer red tops, or perhaps taking your views to another country…killing intruders WTF.

thv3
    Free Member

Sounds like he might have just been drunk.

While at Uni staying in halls, a mate of mine was staying over for a drunken night out. We got back fine, and he fell asleep in his boxer shorts on a chair in the corner.

In the middle of the night, drunken friend heads out to the toilet before coming back and feeling a little cold. He managed to find jeans, t shirt etc on the floor and fell back asleep in the chair.

Pity it wasn’t my room. 🙂

He woke up in the morning to find a very scared guy hiding under his duvet asking wtf he was up to. My friend made things worse by thinking it was some kind of practical joke and telling him to shut up before trying to go back to sleep. As he started to realise what was going on, he then tried to leave. Guy starts shouting he’s nicking his clothes, wallet etc and an argument breaks out before my friend realises that he IS wearing the guys clothes and they are far too small. Cue lots of apologetic backtracking, he then stripped off and not wanting to nick his boxer shorts, stripped stark naked before setting off to find my actual room. I think he spent about half an hour trying to find my room, before I got woken up by the banging. He didn’t have the heart to go back and ask for his boxers, and didn’t even know what room he had been in.

The funniest thing was, a few years later, a group of us including the guy involved above were in a pub for a quite drink. Another friend turned up with a new girlfriend who after a while started to tell the above story, only from the other perspective. Turned out she knew the poor guy above who had told his friends the story, who didn’t believe him. Only shred of evidence he had were a dirty pair of boxer shorts.

richardmoss
    Free Member

Years ago I was living with a bunch of students in Leeds and came back to my house with a friend to find my door wide open. She went to call the police (from a public phone box of course) whilst I started up the stairs, collecting a baseball bat from my room, to find a kid coming out of the bedroom on the top floor. I called him down, and when he got to me he asked, ‘What are you going to do with that?’. I realised that I had no idea, and let him go.
    I attached a moral decision making process to the story later, to cover the obvious cowardice involved.

monksie
    Free Member

Quite honestly, that chewkw guy………….get some help.
    I have a question. Did the intruder just wander on in through an open door or did he break in?

martinhutch

richardmoss – obviously, given your name, immediately thought of this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elDcYcpSI7s[/video]

I wouldn’t have done anything either.

wayniac
    Free Member

Open door. My stupid fault for that one. Doors now locked.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Quite honestly, that chewkw guy………….get some help.

Why ? chewkw is a no-nonsense zero-tolerance kinda guy, I’m a touch more liberal in my approach, but I see where he’s coming from. And I reckon he’s got a point about coppers not liking having their tea breaks disturbed.

godzilla
    Free Member

Reach for the Mossberg, cycle the first round, he will instantly know upon hearing the clunk click that he has made a mistake, then blow him to the pavement, only use birdshot mind as you dont want to go down for murder. Then depending on the time of day make a cup of tea if its morning make some Lady grey, afternoon some earl.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Attacking an intruder’ is closed to new replies.