Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • atherton on maxxis
  • nickhart
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Que?

a)people have been blacking out tyre logos since the year dot, just that originaly it was michelin tyres everyone used.

b)they wont be maxxis, they'll be prototype continental DH tyres

c)anyone think schwabels new DH tyres look like copy cats of Maxxis DHF, DHR and a cut down wet scream?

xc-steve
    Free Member

Also didn't Michelin come up with the Highroller type tread first? Who are the Atherton's supposed to be sponsored by again? And Why is there a flaming ostrich in my post?

PJ266
    Free Member

Gee used Der kaisers at Fort William and won, dont really understand why they keep switching between manufacturers.

clubber
    Free Member

Because some tyres suit them better/provide more grip than others at different events… ?

jam-bo

racers have always run the tyres/frames/etc that will let them go fastest. an atherton isn't going to pass up a world champs title by being stuck to one brand of tyres.

anyone remember the days of the intense M1 being stickered up as all kinds of different brands.

Rorschach
    Free Member

the athertons are paid to develop schwalbes line of dh tyres-because they don't yet have a complete line up the Athertons are free to run what they like as long as they black out logos.Eventually they will run schwalbe exclusively.Same goes for Blinky and Aaron Gwyn.

Rickos
    Free Member

I think you mean Continental, not Schwalbe.

thomthumb
    Free Member

anyone remember the days of the intense M1 being stickered up as all kinds of different brands.

i have vague memories of a podium of three intenses all stickered up differently!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone else remember the Dirt interview when Mongoose droped the Athertons?

Something like:

Jones: So what were those mongosoe bikes like
    Gee: Don't know, we never rode them, they were a bit shit!

Rickos
    Free Member

Ahem, sorry to be a pedant again, but that was Muddy Fox. They rode rebadged Iron Horses the same as Rennie and Hill were on at the time.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Errr I did mean conti-Blenkinsop and Gwyn have a similar deal with schwalbe 😳

julianwilson
    Free Member

Re: rebadged DH frames, I'm fairly sure i didn't dream it but my favourite was 2000/01-ish Helen Gaskell and the Cheethams on M1's rebadged as Carrera for Halfords. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘atherton on maxxis’ is closed to new replies.