Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Aston Hill conditions?
  • juiced
    Free Member

Anyone riddden there today xc or dh? Was it super slippery and muddy?

Or ok? Wondering about going tommorrow.

Thanks

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’m planning on heading up there too, so yes – news would be good!

Thanks.

<<edit>> – nicke this off the AH website:-

Saturday’s for tweaking, Sunday’s for ragging.
    This weekend is the Glastonbury Festival (yeah – it wasn’t last weekend – our bad!), so rain is expected, if we’re honest. This year is no break from tradition, but it’s not all bad news!

It’s been a wet ol’ week, but amazingly the ground under the usual layer of sludge is remarkably dry. So after a wet and warm Saturday (a great excuse to sort the steed out before an evening with mates round the BBQ with Glasto on the TV) Sunday is set to be glorious sunshine and over 20 degrees C.

Even after the biblical downpours of the week, the Hill should dry pretty quickly wherever the Sun can get to the ground. Consequently expect nice, roosty conditions Sunday, but be prepared for a few slippery patches in the trees, especially earlier in the day.

Tyre choice? If you’re still running Swamp Things I’d consider leaving them on this weekend.

juiced
    Free Member

yeah. i was happy until it mentioned wet screams – presumably that’s just the top soil mud which shouldn’t hopefully be a problem as hopefully the clay underneath is still grippy. My plan is to get there after a couple of hours of sunshine, although quite how much of the runs are exposed to sun is questionable??

What bike will you be running?

If i’m there and see you i’ll say hello 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

bright orange BFe. Probably to be found upside down in a tree somewhere!

juiced
    Free Member

ok. I’ll keep a look out.not in the trees though.i’m heading over to the 4x for while when i get there, to get a feel for things..should be fun 😀

kimbers

i plan to do an early morning blast on sunday
    black kona stinky

juiced
    Free Member

ok cool. black heckler fr bike here.

juiced
    Free Member

good to see you breifly today JonEdwards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Aston Hill conditions?’ is closed to new replies.