Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • aspartame ?
  • Blower
    Free Member

been taking sweeteners in mi tea for years,3 in each brew 6-8 times a day
    been told they aint good for you?

so stopped taking em last week,got severe headaches and cant sleep feel like shit to be honest,you reackon its withdraw symptoms ? 😕

nealglover
    Free Member

Yes.

Won’t last long though.

druidh
    Free Member

Blower – Member
    been taking sweeteners in mi tea for years,3 in each brew 6-8 times a day
    been told they aint good for you?

[url]http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp[/url]

nealglover
    Free Member

Claim:  

The artificial sweetener aspartame has been proved responsible for an epidemic of cancer, brain tumors, and multiple sclerosis.

FALSE

That’s “slightly” different from what he was asking though eh ?

druidh
    Free Member

He didn’t say what he’d been told about them not being good for him.

nealglover
    Free Member

Fair enough.

Despite Internet idiots claiming aspartame is responsible for all illness since the dawn of man, and all that being debunked by snopes etc.

I’m still fairly happy to accept that it’s not particularly good for you, and I’m better off avoiding it in general.

Even though it probably won’t give me Cancer, Cat Aids or Dutch Elm Disease 😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I dont like using sweetners but for me its the lesser of 2 evils when i am trying to stop using sugar.

Fortunatly i only drink 1 to 2 cup of coffee a day at most so im not taking loads of them.

Sandwich

Don’t use it as I don’t like the taste in coffee.

grum
    Free Member

Using sweeteners instead of sugar is possibly counterproductive though.

A study by scientists in the US suggests that eating artificial sweeteners could make people put on weight because experiments on laboratory rats showed that those eating food sweetened with artificial sweeteners ate more calories than their counterparts whose food was sweetened with normal sugar.

The study is the work of Drs Susan Swithers and Terry Davidson, two psychologists based at the Ingestive Behavior Research Center at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, and is to be published in the February 2008 issue of Behavioral Neuroscience, a journal of the American Psychological Association (APA).

The authors suggest that a sweet taste may cause animals to anticipate the calorie content of food, and eating artificial sweeteners with little or no calories undermines this connection, leading to energy imbalance by increasing food intake or reducing energy expenditure.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/96849.php

nealglover
    Free Member

Using sweeteners instead of sugar is possibly counterproductive though.

Another reason not to use it then.

But it is better for your teeth than sugar I suppose.

(unless it gives you tooth cancer maybe !?)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Lots of things in the world bad for you but in moderation okay! 3 in 8 brews a day though!! Jeepers do you eat spoonfuls of sugar at night 😉

maccruiskeen

experiments on laboratory rats showed that those eating food sweetened with artificial sweeteners ate more calories than their counterparts whose food was sweetened with normal sugar.

seen the same thing demonstrated with humans too two groups were given either regular or diet drinks then offered a buffet – the people who’d had the diet drink ate more- even if your tastebuds are fooled by the sweetener your brain isn’t – taste the sugar- expect the calories, so people who use sweeteners will graze more and serve themselves larger portions.

philbert31
    Free Member

Just stop using sugar, it’s a bit shit for a week but after that your brews taste miles better ! 🙂

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Yes but you have ovoided the calories in the soft drinks, which are much easier to consume than food and hence easier to over endulge.

Good to see people are reading up on these things, but no of it is clear cut and i have my own data going back 13 months now which shows that moving to sweetners works.

Cutting sugar and sweetners may be the ideal but for me i needed some kind of substitute. But its sugar that is the critical thing to reduce.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘aspartame ?’ is closed to new replies.