• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mark497-spam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Artificial grass have you installed and any pics!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Looking at replacing the back of the house,the bit of garden gets the last of the sun and we have a pebble area at the moment and is a pain to walk on put chairs on. Daughter will probably play on it a lot!
    any pics thoughts and costs/area!

stox
    Free Member

We put some down last month. its only a small yard but We got a 5m wide roll so there wasn’t a join.
    20 bags of sharp sand, membrane, £230 for the grass from franks and a weekends graft.
    It’s lovely when the suns’s out … Can sit and play on it with the baby. Wish I’d put it down long before now.

postierich
    Free Member

Has it had the deluge test yet! take it you put the flags down aswell?

Cougar

Hey, no Astroturfing on the forum.

Er, oh.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Are those plastic weeds between the paving stones or your best effort at real plants? 😆

stox
    Free Member

Has it had the deluge test yet! take it you put the flags down aswell?

It’s faired well so far. Had a decent amount of rain – heavy at times and it’s drained really well. I was expecting puddles but so far so good.
    The flags were already down … We lifted the 2 near the gate to level them.

Weeds have since been removed 🙂

matt_outandabout

We bought a house with a plastic back yard, and real overgrown jungle grass back garden.

I dislike the stuff – yes it is green, but flags would be so much better. It holds muck and bits, it needs brushing (or hoovering!) but does not ‘give up’ the leaves etc easily, the sand underneath holds the damp in.

But, it is nice to work on bikes in bare feet, on a lovely summers evening. ANd the water ‘magics’ away when you wash the bikes on the (flags) next to it, so fewer puddles.

project
    Free Member

Working at a house today with a plastic lawn, looks great, and easily maintained, wonder if you can hoover it.

CountZero

Increasingly popular in California, apparently…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Artificial grass have you installed and any pics!’ is closed to new replies.