Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • arrrgh!! chrome crawling, need a new browser?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

been using chrome which has recently begun crawling, can anyone recomend another brower to try?

i run an older pc on a slow broadband connection (as slow as 450kbps sometimes) if that makes a difference. did find chrome faster than ie when i switched about 18months ago.

Cougar

Malware scan?

RealMan
    Free Member

More likely to be something else you’ve changed, but won’t exactly take long to download firefox and see if it helps.

butcher

Chrome is the fastest out there imo. Something wrong there. But as above, easy to install Firefox, Safari, Opera, or whatever else takes your fancy.

They’re just like bikes really. Come built on the same platforms, groupsets, etc, do virtually the same thing, but have intricate differences which all come down to preference. Give ’em a go.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Clear the cache.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Ubuntu/Chrome

kiwijohn

Iron.

tonyd

Chrome on my Mac sometimes grinds to a slow crawl. It’s generally the shockwave flash plugin eating system resources. If you’re accessing a lot of sites that use flash (our internal sites do) then this might be the problem.

A lot of these adverts run on flash too which won’t help ———->

Browser restart should clear flash problems though.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Clear the cache.

+1

Download something like Piriform’s CCleaner to do the job properly.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

CCleaner is good, make sure you know exactly what boxes you’re ticking though as its a bit unforgiving.

mrdestructo

Linux Mint/Chromium.

MrNutt
    Free Member

anyone tried the new IE?

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m currently using IE 9 and it seems great, so far.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘arrrgh!! chrome crawling, need a new browser?’ is closed to new replies.