• This topic has 148 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Twin.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Are you 60kg?
  • emsz
    Free Member

Em82! how was your holiday?

45kg 160cm. When people are being polite, they say boyish 🙄

TiRed

5′ 10.5″ and 70kg at the last annual weigh in. Bike is about 12kg, I guess. Tandem is a LOT heavier. I’m 43 and can go down to 65kg during the summer. Look a bit ill though.

emma82
    Free Member

Hey emz, was fab thank you, warmer in France than back in blighty! Nearly got roasted one night though, got woke up middle of the night and the camper next to us had caught fire, blew up then rolled into someone’s house. Very eastenders stylie. Lol

emsz
    Free Member

Oh my Gosh!

makes for a great holiday disaster story though. No one hurt I hope?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yey emsz – 45kg here too 🙂 But only 150cm, so have retained some curves (hopefully in the right places!)

Surely this means that as uber-lightweights we can ride wherever we like as we’ll just float over the trails causing zero erosion …

emma82
    Free Member

It did rather, no one hurt,a very frightened old lady from the house with a yappy dog didn’t look too pleased. Didn’t see the couple from the van but assume they were not dead cos the firebrigade chucked it all on a van and told us all where to go sleep for the night. Never moved so fast with nothing on, my other half drove off down the road with his knob hanging out, that probably added to the old ladies shock tbf 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Sue W teenier than me!! I managed to put on a couple of kgs, and suddenly got some hips and boobs!!

Emma! 😳 That definitely comes under clean undies/what would your mum say territory!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

they say boyish

*Swoon*

Perfect 🙂

emma82
    Free Member

Lol, def emsz!!

Northwind

Just got off the scales and they say 64kg, though that’s probably a bit skewed from having just finished a tesco curry deal for 2…

McHamish
    Free Member

Nearly got roasted one night though

Good lord…were there professional footballers about?

sambob
    Free Member

6’1″ and 70kg, only 16 though.

Zoolander
    Free Member

5 10 and 66kg
    Why I can’t climb hills is a mystery

emma82
    Free Member

yes McHamish, there were lots of them 🙄 Shudda seen that one coming 😯

tazzymtb

5 10 and 66kg

because you have legs like this? 😀

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

give that lass some pies – she needs ’em

if you saw how much I eat you wouldn’t be saying that 😛

I suffer the same problem, ought to fly up hills, but it never seems to happen!

McHamish
    Free Member

According to my mother in law…I’m now ‘a little more than chunky’.

I’m sure she’s trying to give me an eating disorder!

I’m 90kgs and 6’1, I expect if I dropped to 60kgs I would look like I did have an eating disorder.

Dougal
    Free Member

55kg. My MTB is only 12kg too..

12kg? I hope it has 160mm of travel at that weight! Lose the polka-dot jersey (there’s a thread from a few months ago discussing why this is not the done thing).

58kg, 5′ 9″ here.

andrewh
    Free Member

Me and my race bike together are under 11 1/2 stone. I’m 5’11 and it’s an HT with 100mm coil-sprung forks…

scaredypants

you’ve inspired me to weigh myself for 1st time in ages

wasting away at 88kg / 14st

anybody want to know the ipants diet plan ?

_tom_
    Free Member

About 95kg which is light compared to how much I weighed this time 4 years ago 0_0

parkesie
    Free Member

15kg is the weight i need to carry to pass annual fitness tests in the army so i regularly just go for a run/walk for a few hours with it.

Flaperon

5’11”, 61kg, 4% body fat. Quite nippy on the bike but lacking a six pack.

parkesie
    Free Member

Twin on a sportive last week?

MrOvershoot

Well Twin must have put on a fair bit of weight as 2 months ago he was 17.5st (111kg) and now he’s 124kg !!!

mboy
    Free Member

At 80kg and 5ft10 (and a bit) I feel positively fat compared to some of the people on this thread!

For the first time in my life I might add… The fact I’m not far off the same weight as emsz and Sue_W together is concerning! Seriously, most people would still consider me “slim”, you gals must be almost non existent! At 19 I was just over 60kg at the same height, and I looked a mess, all skin and bone…

Eat some food people, it’s good for you! 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No I think it’s ok for some of the ladies on here to be quite tiny, as tiny is good. More environmentally friendly, as Sue quite correctly points out. Less material used for clothing, and us smaller folk subsidise bulky folk in that respect.

I’m a small bloke, but I’m staggered that there’s people much taller than me who weigh less. Do you have worms? 😯

How can I weigh 62kg? Where is it all?? 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

becky_kirk43 – Member

“give that lass some pies – she needs ’em”

if you saw how much I eat you wouldn’t be saying that

“Why I can’t climb hills is a mystery”

I suffer the same problem, ought to fly up hills, but it never seems to happen!

If you ate more pies you would have the energy to climb hills.

ziggy
    Free Member

Used to be 60kg a few months ago, gave up the running and hit the weights, now a massive 65kgs. 5 8″ btw.

Eat some food people, it’s good for you!

The amount of times I have heard that 🙄

Kevevs
    Free Member

5’10” float around 70kg. What do you mean? of course it’s all muscle!

mboy
    Free Member

The amount of times I have heard that

Likewise, I used to hear it all the time too… Whilst tucking away anywhere between about 3000-4000 calories per day… To gain weight, up to the heady heights of a whole 80kg now (about spot on for a healthy bloke of my height), I have had to eat ridiculous amounts of food, sustained over a good few years, combined with lots of bike riding to build up some muscle! I know my metabolism will just stop one day, but for now I’m still doing ok…

emsz
    Free Member

Always been small, mum is the same size as me, Dad is slim and not tall either.

Eat some food people, it’s good for you!

Porridge, sandwich, banana, twix, soup, bread… Haven’t stopped all day!

Junkyard
    Free Member

The OP thought i was under 60 kg and hence the vegan line but I am not I am hefty 65 kg at 5 ft 9. I probably could get to 60 but would not look well

mboy
    Free Member

Porridge, sandwich, banana, twix, soup, bread… Haven’t stopped all day!

It’s the size of the portions my dear that counts, not how often… I can regularly hit 1500-2000 calories per evening meal, just by virtue of the fact I normally eat twice what the avergae person eats (or more) at most sittings! 😛

.duncan
    Free Member

65kg, 6ft 2.. erm.. don’t look out of proportion though.. too badly..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are you 60kg?

I am, if I only put one foot on the scales.

langy
    Free Member

prob dot on 60… only 5’6″ ish though.

added camelback etc, more like 63… bikes only 13ish I guess, so about right for me…

I’m not sure I see the relevance though; the earth doesn’t crumble beneath me or anyone else I know as I/we roll along; has more to do with if you use good technique (amount of braking etc) – walking or biking – surely than the physical weight?

I’m sure at the extreme end of things it comes into it a little, (130kg of bike&rider under locked brake on a gradient >15% perhaps – but if done scientifically that would be excluded unless the actual focus of the study) but if we are comparing averages, then it needs to be on a trail with particular construction standard rather than user weight? Maybe if also inc horses and the enormous variance there, then fair enough, but not biker vs walker, surely?

Sue_W
    Free Member

‘Eat some food’ … I do … constantly! I’m like the hungry caterpillar 🙂

I guess I just run around a lot (was asked yesterday by someone at work ‘where I put it all’ as I happily made a significant contribution to the consumption of a shared ‘back to work’ cake – but then they’d just driven to work and I’d cycled 25 miles to get in)

think I’m going to take Elf’s line that us smaller peeps subsidize you biggies 🙂 I’ll expect discounts off everything and special allowances like being able to take extra luggage on planes – me and my bike combined is surely less than the average person.

D0NK

one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of swiss cheese… 🙂

Having reread the article it may have just been using 60/75kg as an example and as long as the difference between walker and cyclist wasn’t much the erosion is the same eg a 60kg walker vs a 75kg biker all in does similar erosion also presumably 80/95 90/105 and ahem beyond. Dunno tho maybe ramblers are all skinny beggars 🙂

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

after reading the other women’s weights on this thread I’m feeling distinctly heavy 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Are you 60kg?’ is closed to new replies.