Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Are tags off the menu now then?
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Not surprised really if they are, or perhaps it’s just me who has been baynd? 😯

Never really saw the point in them other than to ‘comment’ on the thread. Never used them to search for anything.

Drac

No they’re still there but only for Premier members now, it’s was proving extremely difficult to mod them so some action had to be taken.

soobalias
    Free Member

as was recently proven, sometimes P stands for prat.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustyMac
    wwaswas

and you can’t tag without submitting some content either – or has it always been like that and I never tag so haven’t noticed?

wrecker
    Free Member

How does this work then?

retro83
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

No they’re still there but only for Premier members now, it’s was proving extremely difficult to mod them so some action had to be taken.

Fair enough, shame they were never utilised properly as they would have made searching easier.

Drac

Cheers Rusty missed that thread last night.

Yeah wwaswas you have to submit content too, it was being abused mostly by those adding no content to thread but just by posting tags.

And to answer from other thread and before it’s posted on here, they’re only anonymous to member. Mods can see who posted them.

Drac

Fair enough, shame they were never utilised properly as they would have made searching easier.

Yeah that was the idea but it didn’t work out. Hopefully this will help get them back to what they were meant for.

Mark

When you post to a thread there are two boxes. 1 for your post and a smaller one below it for a tag. You can only post a tag if you post something to the thread.

As Drac said, it’s difficult to moderate tags and they were being used a lot as anonymous ways of hurling abuse. That can still happen of course but by a smaller subset of users now. We get to see the names of all tag authors of course so it’s not anonymous in that regard.

yossarian
    Free Member

Would it not just have been easier (and solved the actual problem) to put the poster’s name against the tag?

wrecker
    Free Member

Trouble is, you cannot edit or delete tags anymore. Oh, yes you can.

WackoAK
    Free Member

With the recent mod activity it will probably mean less need for the tags in the “VOLVO FOR SALE” style as there might be less 6+ page arguing threads.

Out of interest where did the “VOLVO FOR SALE” come from? I assumed it was just a random Tag that caught on and then was used on the big hitter/arguing threads?

billysugger
    Free Member

Good to see there’s also a sense of humour in the Premier league :mrgreen:

Let’s not get too serious

Rubber_Buccaneer

So I have to actually post something that looks like genuine content just to have an anonymous dig at another user? I’m supposed to do this without making it obvious? Where is the fun in that?

Junkyard
    Free Member

ah so just for the Premiers elitists

jon1973
    Free Member

We get to see the names of all tag authors of course so it’s not anonymous in that regard.

Can’t you make it so the taggers name appear when you hover over the tag, like it does with the ‘Freshness’ column on the main board. That would stop some of the abuse.

philconsequence
    Free Member

the top 10% you could say

wwaswas

no idea.

tails
    Free Member

I used the tags to start with but then forgot about them, I think it is a good move. a better move would be to get rid of them.

Mark

You still need to follow the 3 word limit rule. Any over three words get deleted.

yossarian
    Free Member

Does it matter how long the words are?

wwaswas

I’ll check.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve always said that the person who opens the thread should be the only one who can post tags, others can suggest, but only the thread owner can post.
    Too many cowards abused the system.
    Some were funny though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Thank you wwaswas, would you check hyphenated words too?

Tagging by proxy, that’s the future.

aracer
    Free Member

At last a substantive reason for having the little P

clubber
    Free Member

The abuse would stop very quickly if tags were just marked with the poster’s name (or maybe a hover over).

wwaswas

[edit] bugger can’t tag on an edit.

wwaswas

attempt #2.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can we still be abusive in our main posts?

Drac

If you want a ban then feel free TSY.

binners

Can we not still keep the Armageddon tag? Otherwise how are the unsuspecting supposed to know they’ve wandered in to a bit-hitter-thon?

They might be crushed!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TSY = Muppet

wwaswas

*hits report post*

Woody
    Free Member

Just testing

Drac

lol TSY I’m not sure you can abuse yourself, well you can but please don’t pictures or tell us the story of how you do that.

WackoAK
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Can we not still keep the Armageddon tag? Otherwise how are the unsuspecting supposed to know they’ve wandered in to a bit-hitter-thon?

Who are the Big Hitters now? Just TJ & Cynic-Al?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was going to prematurely launch into a reply to your post Drac, thankfully I managed to read it all and therefore you don’t need to ban me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

binners – Member

It’s “Flame-a-geddon”, you minnow 🙄

I’d do the wee copyright thingmy if I knew how but I’m actually happy to share it with the bottom feeders. They need a haynd up, y’know.

bruneep

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Are tags off the menu now then?’ is closed to new replies.