Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Are sleeveless jerseys ever acceptable?
  • AD

Sleeveless all through summer on the road bike – all the haters are presumably jealous of my big guns… 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

I’m not known for my physique whatsoever, but if it’s that hot who cares, wear what you want

plus-one

Only if you give the wife the back of the hand regular !!!

tazzymtb

I do, knackers to what others think 😀

zippykona

I assume there’s no nettles where you live.

m1ateusz
    Free Member

if its hot, why not?

tazzymtb

Pah nettles…ive eaten the little stingy buggers in competition I’ll have you know…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This chap has a fine upper body physique

I wonder if he knows what an internet legend he is?

busydog
    Free Member

but if it’s that hot who cares

this^^

I do May through September ’cause it’s generally in the 80-100F temperature range in the desert

Kahurangi

On super hot days yes. I won’t with elbow pads but generally don’t GAF what anyone else thinks when I’m on my bike in the woods!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Definitely. Tickets are available in the lobby.

I am also known to roll up the sleeves of my not quite short enough t-shirts. But thats mostly at work.

atlaz
    Free Member

I won’t with elbow pads but generally don’t GAF what anyone else thinks

You obviously do or you’d wear them with elbow pads too 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I’m finishing work at lunchtime today, riding home the long way along tbe rivers on the hottest day of the year so far. Picked up my (hardly ever used) sleeveless top for the ride home, remembered this thread, put it back in the drawer. 😳

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not sure that I’d wear one on the road bike, but don’t see an issue on the MTB…I’ve even been known to wear a wife beater vest rather than a sleeveless jersey!

Wish I’d worn the sleeveless jersey last night because it was a tad warm.

IA

I’ve got a 3/4 zip sleeveless jersey.

Sometimes you need to be practically naked but technically clothed.

grahamg
    Free Member

Perfectly acceptable if hot enough – I have friends of the view that they’re just plain wrong, but personally I couldn’t give a toss about their racist views (to triathletes).

cookeaa

Triathletes are an actual Race now?

I feel quite bad now for not fully respecting their rights as a unique, ethnic and cultural group within our society…

Of course the UKIP and BNP lot will be along in a minute complaining about how they’ve not integrated properly, with their strange (sleeveless) tribal clothing, odd dietary habits and inability to decide whether they should run, cycle or swim…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Meerly sleeveless is a bit over dressed for Cipo these days

TheWrongTrousers

It could be worse, saw a bloke at Mountain Mayhem a few years ago, wearing no shirt or jersey at all. Problem was he was wearing only lycra bib shorts and a fullface helmet.
    EEK !

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Are sleeveless jerseys ever acceptable?’ is closed to new replies.