Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Are sleeveless jerseys ever acceptable?
  • mos

Unless your Cam Zink hucking a big jibber in your sisters jeans, can sleeveless jerseys ever be acceptable for UK riding?

nemesis
    Free Member

No.

Doesn’t stop me wishing I looked good in them 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Almost de riguer at Cannock esp this week. Second only to the vest esp when combined with 661 full face

And that’s just the girls!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Yes, but they have to be TLD.

colin9

I just wear a t-shirt.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’ll yeah….gun show time!

ads678

You’ve got to show the arm tats off as well as the calf ones at some point!

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve been known to wear one went it gets toasty – I used to ride the DH bike in the summer with a full face and a sleeveless jersey. It really hurt when it went wrong…good bye skin.

atlaz
    Free Member

No. Consider that the main wearers of sleeveless jerseys are triathletes then decide.

bob_summers

There’s a big triathlon coming up soon so I’ve been seeing a lot of sleeveless jerseys on the road lately. Interested to know why so many have shaved legs but hairy shoulders.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sun’s out, guns out.

njee20
    Free Member

No. Unless your name is Jimmy-Jo, Billy-Bob or otherwise hyphenated, you have fewer brain cells than teeth, and think your sister is oddly attractive when she’s just shaved her top lip.

MoreCashThanDash

Oi! My sister is attractive regardless of whether she has shaved her top lip!

cookeaa

It’s all about context and timing…

Sleeveless Jersey:

For Triathletes only! and only when actually competing, even then it looks a bit **** but its “Functional” innit… you also HAVE to remove ALL body, and ideally head hair, to prove your commitment to deleting unnecessary mass/optimizing your aerodynamics, and you must have a six pack or else you will be DQ’d…

The wearing of Vests in the MTB world is more complicated and nuanced:

Redbull sponsored Freeride Comp, Trail-Prep, inexpertly wielding a Macleod with unnecessary Goggles?… Nope!

Slightly padded Trailcentre Mince-core Elderberry style with an MX lid?… Nope!

Contrived relaxed interview in the pits showing off the Guns a bit?… Maybe, if you are one of thetop five DHers on the planet…

“Anticool” I can do a backflip/360/Tailwhip, I’m young and hip and protected from death by a piss pot (with the straps loose) and inexplicable Jedi like skillz?…. Basically the only time its Cool but only if you’re under 24, beyond which coolness slowly ebbs away… FACT!

skellnonch
    Free Member

Oi! My sister is attractive regardless of whether she has shaved her top lip!

She shaw gotta predddy mouth…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Used to wear one while guiding on the Med and in the Alps. But that’s because it was darned hot (and I had the tan to pull it off).

rusty90
    Free Member

Sleeveless rainbow jersey for the win. The ever shy and modest Cipo

atlaz
    Free Member

Even he’s not doing sleeveless. He’s just pulled the sleeves up to remove the harsh tanlines

Northwind

I’ve got a sleeveless top somewhere, I only wear it under my pressure suit as a sweat layer and in those few seconds it’s visible as I put the armour on or take it off, people point and laugh, take photos…

rusty90
    Free Member

Even he’s not doing sleeveless. He’s just pulled the sleeves up to remove the harsh tanlines

Better?

badllama
    Free Member

I wear one now and again if it’s really hot. Did Borrow Dale Bash last year in one as it was fooking roasting.

My tops of the arms were toasty by the end of the day. 😯 I personally run “hot” anyway and what ever cools me down regardless of look i’ll do TBH

mogrim

Ah, Cipo – the world of bike racing is a duller place since he retired 🙁

cookeaa

Here you go:

Nobody would take the piss out of you in that Shirley…

andyrm
    Free Member

Sleeveless cycle jersey – no.

Wifebeater as part of a more manly MTB look – yes.

cinnamon_girl

Fine on the wimminz as long as they have good arms … and I think I did. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I have one for hot road rides. It’s a special thing for me, because it means summer.

DrP

I did the 6hr summer monkey enduro in my scabby orange ‘rancid’ (the band) vest..
    Not sure why really.. It was hot I suppose..

And it beats the mankini.

DrP

nemesis
    Free Member

Yes, yes it does…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Yes for when its really hot and sunny on the road or MTB.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Nobody would take the piss out of you in that Shirley…

Surely??

TiRed

No. Sun’s out, white sleeved long summer jersey’s out (Or a white compression top).

Some of us are more melanin-challenged than others. And roadies aren’t exactly known for their upper body physique 😉

aracer
    Free Member

So are sleeveless tops OK if you’ve got some (currently have a knee injury so just kayaking and climbing – t-shirts are starting to get tight in the right places 8) )?

PrinceJohn

Sun’s out, guns out.

+100

nemesis
    Free Member

This chap has a fine upper body physique 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I cultivate my tan lines, but Munqe Chick agrees with C-G; its fine on the ladeez, especially if theyre about to be a bridesmaid and dont want lines to ruin someone elses photos

M-C getting photobombed in Cappadocia earlier this year

and she’s doing the Wimbleball half Iron Man this weekend so I assume she’ll be in a field of sleeveless triathletes (she’ll be the few that doesnt look like a new-born foal on a bike…).

scottfitz
    Free Member

I never wear sleeves I would look stupid!
    https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/360425

yunki
    Free Member

If anyone can find me a hippie inspired, tie-dyed rainbow colour jersey in a basketball vest style then I’ll be all over it like a rash.. Similarly a yellow smiley face motif

postierich
    Free Member

Only in sunny countries!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/8fJswR]Trailer action shot![/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

SamB
    Free Member

I wore a sleeveless jersey (OK, tri top) over bib shorts on the roadie on the way home tonight. Gotta get that tan on! 8)

TP
    Free Member

My four year old sons suit them and I would say its acceptable at that age…. I however would not manage to pull the look off.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Are sleeveless jerseys ever acceptable?’ is closed to new replies.