Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Are Silverfish usually this bad?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

They’ve now had my rear shock for a month now and they are, apparently, no nearer to knowing what the problem is, let alone fixing it.

angryratio
    Free Member

piles of work from trail centre warriors breaking kit after a long summer… that would delay things.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Or like most bike distributors there attention for weeks up to and beyond will no doubt be Eurobike orientated..

flame
    Free Member

they be to busy unwrapping those new yeti frames! 😆

wwaswas

they be to busy unwrapping those new yeti frames

I suspect new Yeti owners will receive similar turnaround times on their shocks…

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yeti frames? ❓

Worrabout Yeti Stu/evolution and Bromley Bike co?

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Are Silverfish usually this bad?

IME sadly yes – but Turner are a joy to deal with direct, even if I do have to time my calls.

mikey74
    Free Member

I think in the future I may have to find somewhere else to service my Elka shock, if I can.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

julianwilson – Member
    Yeti frames?

Full Story here…

portlyone

They’ve had my front brake since February…

snaps
    Free Member

Silverfish – if Carlsberg made poor customer service……
    That just made my Yeti vs Ibis carbon frame choice easier – Ibis Mojo it is then.

Fishd

Worrabout Yeti Stu/evolution and Bromley Bike co?

According to his twitter feed, Yetirepstu remains Yetirepstu…

jimr80
    Free Member

Trailseeker,
    did you email Turner? if you did how longer but for you got a reply?
    I have a problem with mine which the shop has told me Silerfish are going to take up. I have emailed Turner 5 days ago , but no response as of yet.

Gary_C

Whoever was driving the fully liveried up ‘Silverfish-uk.com/Evil/Cove/Turner Bikes/RaceFace/Rocky Mountain’ VW T5 on the M60, 66, A56 down towards the M65 was in an obvious hurry earlier today. Maybe he was delivering somebodys urgently required bike ??

crazy-legs

To put a bit of balance on things, I’ve always had excellent service from Silverfish with warranty-ing several Race Face ISIS BB’s, a warranty job on my Cove and just general customer service.

They’re a fairly small outfit though (considering what they supply) and with it being show season I imagine they’re very busy.

mikey74
    Free Member

To be honest, and I am sure this will make me sound like a jerk, but I couldn’t care less if they are a small company: If they set themselves up as the sole servicer in the uk of a particular product then they should make sure that they have the resources to fulfill their obligations.

pastcaring
    Free Member

silverpish

i’d rather give up riding than use them…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/turner-09-for-2010-prices

i got my turner through the dutch distributer. shame silverpish are now importing yeti. you may as well get one cheaper from the USA, warranty will be easier to sort out…

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi All

Firstly, Mikey74 and Portlyone I am amazed and apologetic in equal amounts at the issues that you guys have had.

Dealing with the shock first – unfortunately in a lot of instances with shocks we are at the mercy of Elka in order to fulfil our back orders and supply the parts that are required.
    This isn’t an excuse, after all, we’re the distributor and it’s us that should be able to sort the issues for any product that’s purchased from us, but, it does, often, make it harder for us to be able to offer the service that we would like to.

Please mail me directly and I can look into why we’ve had a delay with your shock and what can be done to speed things up.

Portlyone – have we actually got your brakes? By that I mean, they’ve definitely been shipped to us have they? The reason I question that is because if we have any extended delays with parts for Formulas we just send a replacement brake to keep you running whilst you wait the repair to be completed.
    There are a few people who use this site that can confirm that.
    Again, if you can mail me directly that will allow me to look into it.

Regarding our service in general – trust me – we take this very seriously, we’re all riders ourselves and the service we offer is very important to us. We read these pages, Bikeradar, Southern Dh, etc a lot so that we can keep a handle on whats going on, address any queries and sometimes delay with potential issues before they even arise. Sure, we don’t always get it right, but, we’ll ALWAYS try to do the best that we can in any situation to keep you on the trails and to back up the brands that we supply.

I hope that’s helped a little? I just wanted to put a few minds at rest that we’re not the multi-conglomerate trying to suck your hard earned out of you and disappearing forever, we’re just a group of guys trying to get it right and 1% of the time failing.

Cheers Gents

Richie@silverfish-uk.com

P.s – apologies for typos, I’m using an iPad and I’m half a bottle of red wine down, it’s a bad combination 🙂

Although it might not seem like it from reading this forum there are actually an awful lot of people who have had great service from us, something we

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi All

Firstly, Mikey74 and Portlyone I am amazed and apologetic in equal amounts at the issues that you guys have had.

Dealing with the shock first – unfortunately in a lot of instances with shocks we are at the mercy of Elka in order to fulfil our back orders and supply the parts that are required.
    This isn’t an excuse, after all, we’re the distributor and it’s us that should be able to sort the issues for any product that’s purchased from us, but, it does, often, make it harder for us to be able to offer the service that we would like to.

Please mail me directly and I can look into why we’ve had a delay with your shock and what can be done to speed things up.

Portlyone – have we actually got your brakes? By that I mean, they’ve definitely been shipped to us have they? The reason I question that is because if we have any extended delays with parts for Formulas we just send a replacement brake to keep you running whilst you wait the repair to be completed.
    There are a few people who use this site that can confirm that.
    Again, if you can mail me directly that will allow me to look into it.

Regarding our service in general – trust me – we take this very seriously, we’re all riders ourselves and the service we offer is very important to us. We read these pages, Bikeradar, Southern Dh, etc a lot so that we can keep a handle on whats going on, address any queries and sometimes delay with potential issues before they even arise. Sure, we don’t always get it right, but, we’ll ALWAYS try to do the best that we can in any situation to keep you on the trails and to back up the brands that we supply.

I hope that’s helped a little? I just wanted to put a few minds at rest that we’re not the multi-conglomerate trying to suck your hard earned out of you and disappearing forever, we’re just a group of guys trying to get it right and 1% of the time failing.

Cheers Gents

Richie@silverfish-uk.com

P.s – apologies for typos, I’m using an iPad and I’m half a bottle of red wine down, it’s a bad combination 🙂

Although it might not seem like it from reading this forum there are actually an awful lot of people who have had great service from us, something we

dirtyrider
    Free Member

is there a release date for the formula thirty3 forks?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Ahhhh the beautiful Formula forks.
    We’re hoping to see the first production forks through to us early next year so I’m afraid there’s a bit of a wait yet.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thanks!

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers Richie, I appreciate you taking time to comment. I will send you an e-mail tomorrow.

nonk
    Free Member

a reply on a friday night when he has got the wine open, fair play that man.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Oh god….help Yeti owners.

nonk
    Free Member

oh i dunno yknow if the service is pants i am not sure we will notice any change really 😐

duir
    Free Member

Silverish warrantied my 7 year old Raceface crank that had a tiny hairline crack on the non-driveside. Sent me a brand new version in very little time, so my experience of their customer service was excellent.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Richie,its 10.30pm on a friday and yer working.Put the ipad down and enjoy the weekend.stw peeps can wait till monday!

billyboy
    Free Member

Brilliant typo there Mr Silverfish…..

we monitor these sites so that we can “DELAY” dealing with a problem before it even arises

Priceless

jedi

personally i have had good dealing with silverfish.

portlyone

Richie, I’ll email you again.

mrmchammer
    Free Member

Ive found silverfish to be excellent bunch of people to deal with, they ride and are normal people. Every company gets stuff wrong but posting a reply on here shows they care even if it does feed the trolls. Too many people use stw to moan about stuff rather than taking that time to try and sort it out. I’m bored of the silverfish bashing, go pick on brant or something

totalshell

forget bikes what going on with the vans.. i know of A silverfish and singletrack van only livING about 4 miles apart.. never seen together yet.

LordJingles
    Free Member

I have had a to deal with Silverfish several times over the last few years (Rocky Mountain ETS frames ….. amongst other issues) and they always were quick to sort out my issues and very helpful.

Chain reaction warranty dept on the other hand….. useless.

coatesy
    Free Member

Can vouch for them replacing parts with new items when waiting for spares, though this did drag on for a while in our case(not all their fault mind, some nobber on our staff actually managed to remove the covering note from inside a taped-up box prior to sending it).

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Richie from silverfish is a good guy! Never had to warranty any thing of mine but did send customers stuff back and always got a email back with a rough etd.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It is a shame as Stu King (rep) has done an amazing job supporting yeti in this country at demo days ,being involved with yetifan and the race team.He’s also a bloomin nice guy.
    I hope sliverfilth make as much effort (and don’t just turn up in the van,dump 4 bikes out the back and drive off) at demo days(again).I’m sure pete won’t…..cos he’s loverly :0)

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Rorschach.
    You’re absoulutely right about Stu – he’s done a fantastic job, is well liked and very professional. It’s for these reasons that I’m pleased to say he will be joining the Silverfish staff so that we can continue to offer the service you should receive with a highend premium product.

As for dumping bikes and driving off. I’d be interested to hear where this was, we do a lot of demos throughout the year, all of which take up reps weekends and personal time, occasional it just isn’t possible for us to staff all of them.

Cheers.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve always had great service from Silverfish, starting from when BasqueMTB was just a dream of an idea. I have owned Cove bikes since a Laggan demo day when Richie put so much effort into setting up and lending me a range of their bikes. He even took his personal bike out the van and let me use it for the rest of the day. Straight after that I bought my first Cove and I’ve bought them ever since.

I’ve had a few dealings with them, including some emergency mech hanger deliveries to keep me guiding and it’s all been fantastic.

jimr80
    Free Member

Richie,
    can i email you direct regards my Turner frame?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Are Silverfish usually this bad?’ is closed to new replies.