Viewing 16 posts - 241 through 256 (of 256 total)
  • Are Roadies Odd?
  • will
    Free Member

😆 i really really hope matt and njee are racing at the same event this year!

poppa
    Free Member

From the article:

Atherton wasn't happy that Moseley used a skinsuit, which being much more aerodynamic than loose clothing, would have given her an advantage.

poppa
    Free Member

Argh.

convert

My rule for me….

Will it be a low speed mince – always casual (baggy)

Will there be sections of riding/pushing through undergrowth, snagging clothing etc – baggy outer layer, lycra snags to ****.

Will I stop and walk around with normal people (shopping etc) – baggy.

Will it be high speed but mainly gravity assisted – baggy

Else, lyrca rules – on or off road.

A quick riding trip to NZ & Oz and riding on the continent has led me to believe that it's only in the UK (and possibly North America- havn't been there but you get the impression from the mags) where we are hung up on xc/trail riding in baggy clothes being the only way to do it.

aracer
    Free Member

Aracer – have you taken the time to find my real name, checked the results and then reported back? That's rather "stalkerish" activity.

More a case of knowing njee's real name and being curious how he did – whilst I was there I thought I might as well check for winners called Matt, as I was sceptical about somebody winning a triathlon despite finding the time to put baggies on for the ride. Of course once I found you'd won the race which would be called "fun" at MTB events (aka the pothunters race), it was obvious you would be far from the fastest person at the event.

Stalkerish? It's taken more effort to explain it than to do the research.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Well thanks for the effort – most flattered that you bothered.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

You still had to tab through every event they have held.

Weird and stalkerish. Noticed it's not just me either – you like to "check up" on others.

Anyway while hardly elite athlete stuff, entering a tri for a laugh with no specific training or kit and winning a category is still not exactly bad news.

You may have checked my other events too – like coming 5th out of 130 on their coastal run. If not, you're slacking.

MrSmith
    Free Member

maybe you should settle this by seeing who has the biggest penis?*

*i don't care who it is.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Last week called – it wants it's joke back

firestarter
    Free Member

if im riding with the brown barons i ride in baggies so as to hide my tool but if im out with the pink princesses i like to show it off and wear lycra 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Is as relevant now as it was then.

njee20
    Free Member

It's as funny now as it was then too!

aracer
    Free Member

You still had to tab through every event they have held.

No – they've only held 3 off road triathlons. Yes I'm interested in how others do – I often look up results of events I've not done to see how people I know did, and people I know quite well do EL events, so I was hoping to see some of them in the results (as it turned out I didn't find any in those triathlons), and genuinely interested to see how njee compared. Not at all interested in what you did in other events though.

Anyway while hardly elite athlete stuff, entering a tri for a laugh with no specific training or kit and winning a category is still not exactly bad news.

Indeed not – good performance. Strange how you didn't mention it was just for a laugh and that there were other more serious categories when using it as evidence for baggies being performance clothing though.

Baggies are more practical.

Actually, no they're not – hence why the people winning the other categories at those events almost certainly weren't wearing them.

Surfr
    Free Member

Sometimes Baggies make sense, even in a race. Here's Sir Nick Craig at this years Dyfi Enduro feed station

aviemoron
    Free Member

Jings, Nick Craig in baggies racing shocker! With risers, oh lordie, next he'll be toting a Camelbak full of "stuff"

Viewing 16 posts - 241 through 256 (of 256 total)

The topic ‘Are Roadies Odd?’ is closed to new replies.