Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Are High Roller 2.35's wide enough for EX729's?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Ok then finally chose my rims and now i'm trying to choose tyres!!
    I want to be able to ride the bike uphill for some length and I ride Welsh trail centres, peak district, etc so hence the reason for the super tough rim as I want to fit and forget about the wheels, is the High Roller 2.35 going to be ok on a super wide rim like the EX729 or do I HAVE to put the 2.5 on?

Aaaagh its doing my head in so if anyone runs these rims and could tell me what width tyres to use that would help me out somewhat!

I'm never going to do anything more gnarly than once a year to Morzine so will the rims be too wide for 2.35's or am I being a total nob?

Cheers and i'll wait for the abuse 🙁

ScottTB

Not sure about the fit on your specific rims, but I've always found Maxxis to be slightly narrower than other makes – I upgraded my hard-tail from High Roller 2.1's to 2.35's because the 2.1's were just too narrow (more like a 1.85's).

Great tyres though if they do fit!

GW
    Free Member

can't be arsed to read your waffle.. but in answer to your title Q. 2.35s are absolutely fine on 729s

have run 2.1s on their predecessor the d321 (exact same rim)

0pt1cal
    Free Member

ok I've loads of experience with Maxxis 2.35 & 2.5 (all flavours) on Mavic 729's…they will fit but they can be a **** to get on & off….it was something I tolerated until I started using single ply 2.35 and punctured on a winter Munro descent….fingers were that cold I struggled to change the tyre…..I've switched to Mavic 721 for all bikes (XC, DJ, & DH) and now's it easy…even when the windchill freezes the snot on your helmet! 🙂

I loved 729's on the front, but 721's are just as strong…I'm a fat bastard as well ….15 stone and all are still running true. 🙂

GeForceJunky

I run a 2.0 Maxxis Larsen on a 729 and it gives the tyre a awesome profile.

cabeaumont
    Free Member

hammering a pair of 729's with dual ply high roller 2.35s on a weekly basis. They're a biatch to put on and get off but well worth it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Are High Roller 2.35's wide enough for EX729's?’ is closed to new replies.