Viewing 3 posts - 161 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • Archbishop Rowan Williams
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve read all the comments and this is a brilliant thread, great discussion, healthy debate.
    Whoop!!
    And wasn’t “He” a “very naughty Boy” I seem to recall.
    hahaha

molgrips
    Free Member

Rowan Williams, being intelligent, earlier…

Can’t imagine what anyone thought they’d get out of that apart from Dawkins wanting an ego boost.

vinnyeh

this thread reminds me of this quote:

one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Irrespective of the messenger, listen to the message. While I have little truck with organised religion, a lot of people connected with it make a lot of sensible and valid points about our lives.
    There’s no sense in knocking them because their religious views don’t correspond to your own, in the same way that there’s no sense in saying that because Dave is a Tory he can’t have valid or sensible opinions or ideas.

People who continually denigrate those others because of their own religious stance (and there’s a lot on this thread) are nothing other than closed minded bigots.

Viewing 3 posts - 161 through 163 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘Archbishop Rowan Williams’ is closed to new replies.