Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apple Mac Mini's
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s loads on here, are some an older model than the other’s?

Which is the one to go for?

Play.Com

phiiiiil

The tall ones are the old ones; I have one from 2007 and they’re a bit old hat now to be honest.

Then they shrunk vertically but kept the same processors, core2duos; you can stick more RAM in them (mine is limited to 3GB which is rather annoying) but they’re not that different.

The newer ones are the tiny ones without a built in CD drive; much faster processors (i5s and i7s), more RAM, the power supply is built in rather than needing an external brick and they are just super shiny and small. I want one, but the budget won’t stretch far enough…

I’m amazed the old ones are still so expensive, mind; they’re only a tiny bit cheaper than the new ones!

ross88guy
    Free Member

Wow I remember these! They were great bits of kit in their day apart from the graphics if i remember correctly…but then again you dont buy a mac mini for the computer gaming potential do you!

How much are they selling for on Ebay? I bet you could pick up a second hand on in relatively good condition?

…………….
    Goals:
    Sub 12 Ironman Tri
    21 MHP 100mile Sportive
    Blog – Nike Combat Boots

tails
    Free Member

Wiki gives you the lo-down http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Mini

There is a unibody mac mini with an optical drive that holds it’s price well. Current generation mac mini’s are designed so you download all your software or you can bluetooth it from another device, it has its pros and cons. Look on the refurb site daily if your in no hurry, you can get a deal there.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers all.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got an old one here, runs tiger just fine. Though the old ones are a total pain to open up if you want to put more memory in there.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Got two running snow leopard. Not bad. But the iMac I have is way better.

Those prices on Play are not great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Apple Mac Mini's’ is closed to new replies.