Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • A.P.McCoy ????
  • Edric64
    Free Member

You have to be fit as **** and hard as nails to be a jump jockey.He wins on horses that would lose under other riders.A bit like Rossi winning on a Yamaha in his first season that was not the best bike.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

i thought the vote was for sports PERSONALITY of the year.
    that rules cav out straight away.
    Bradley wiggens is the best cycling personality in my opionion

Coyote
    Free Member

A deserving winner, a true hero[/u]

Now hang on a bit…

Edric64
    Free Member

Most of the winners have lacked personality

brassneck

In-laws work in the industry, and said he’s a top man and a model professional – the GN win this year clinched it for him. Can’t say he doesn’t deserve it.

I’d like to see Cav win it one year though – I reckon he gets a bad press from being interviewed around 20 seconds after fighting out a sprint, got to put you in an elevated state of mind.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of the bloke- why would I have? I ride bikes.

clubber
    Free Member

You limit yourself to only having an interest in things that you yourself do. How odd…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I do have some outside interests. Sometimes I watch the rodeo on Extreme.

Blackflag
    Free Member

If we’re supporting people on the basis of “well at least he rides something” should we not also be supporting Beckham!!!

IGMC

mrsflash
    Free Member

AP is short for Anthony Peter. Tony, obviously, is short for Anthony. His friends and those in the industry call him either AP or Tony.

I’ve never heard of him referred to as anything other than Tony though until very recently, so I wondered if there was a reason that they started doing it, like when Andy Cole decided he wanted to be Andrew Cole.

uplink
    Free Member

A lot of Irishmen seem to adopt their first 2 initials as a sort or first name [& cricketers for some reason}

Maybe it’s something to do with other family members having the same name?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘A.P.McCoy ????’ is closed to new replies.