Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anything better than a 456 evo 2
  • prawny

Before I click the button. I just want to know I’ve thought of everything.

There’s a strong chance I’ll be using my current rockrider 9.1 as a donor bike for a shiny new (cheap) frame. So I’ve got 120mm Recons and full SLX 3×9 drivetrain. I’ve got a total budget of £500, that will need to pay for the frame and finishing kit, and a set of deore brakes, and probably new tyres.

I’m fairly settled on a 456 but before I do are there any other cheap options that I should look at.

BFe has been discounted for being better quality but too much more expensive, C456 is just too expensive, Slackline looks a bit steep angled with a 120mm fork, same goes for the Dartmoor Primal. Soul would be perfect but too expensive. Ragley Piglet 2 only takes tapered forks up to 120mm so not as much upgrade potential, but still a possibility, even if the new colours are gopping.

Any other options? Preferably it would have fairly slack angles, be dropper compatible and be cheap, did I mention it has to be cheap. or is the on-one the best of a flawed bunch.

Other than that anyone want to buy a complete Rockrider 9.1 for around £400?

chrisdw
    Free Member

There is a 19″ soul in the classifieds atm.

Dickyboy

Dialled prince albert classics are being sold off cheap at the moment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than a 456 evo 2’ is closed to new replies.