Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Anyone watching the Dauphine? (SPOILERS!)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

What a descent. Should be able to hang on for the win. Great result!

scaredypants

What an idiot I am – just couldn’t resist, despite the title

Is the highlights show going to be worth a watch ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, well worth watching. Loads of action on the last climb too. Great stage.

scaredypants

Ta,

… and I’m out of the room

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sets things up very nicely for tomorrow too.

scaredypants

Some descent, as you say – even if everybody else was coasting a teeny bit

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

FFS, STW hates my phone this week, constant crashing! Try again…

It’s been a great race so far, even with my Bouhani hate! It was really interesting to see so many guys blow up big style very early on in the TTT!

Brilliant to see the young Bardet drift off over the top and smash the descent, awesome stuff!

Meh @ TJvG.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Nibali in a carbon copy of last year.

Froome was expecting the win and the yellow there, I reckon Sky will be tired tomorrow.

slowoldman

Tejay going well. Is he named after a motorway services somewhere or am I mistaken?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Great stage, really entertaining; sets things up nicely for the mountains.

scaredypants

Tejay going well. Is he named after a motorway services somewhere or am I mistaken?

You’re thinking of Diego Costa

speckledbob
    Free Member

That descent was excellent. I was shitting myself. The motorbike did well to stay with him. It’s been good but eurosport have been a bit hit and miss and I really wish they would stop “improving” eurosport player. Looking forward to today.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Watch it on ITV, David Miller is rather good if you can cope with his accent.

mildred

He has been very good – some brilliant “current peloton” insights and info’. However, Ned Boulting… please stop trying so hard; the racing is good enough, you don’t need to try and inject excitement all of the time.

slowoldman

I’m hoping Ned, David, Matt, Chris and Gary can between them oust Phil and Paul from the TdF. They’re sounding a bit tired these days.

Ooh good rides too yesterday from Simon Yates (up to 6th overall and Pete Kennaugh finishing alongside the likes of Valverde and Costa after doing a lot of work earlier).

Painey
    Free Member

I thought Nibali looked OK and then suddenly decided that he didn’t want to show his hand of sorts. Like he just decided, nah I don’t fancy pushing it today. I full expect him and his team mates to be practically invincible when the Tour comes around again.

rusty90
    Free Member

Nibali seems to fancy pushing it today – away with Tony Gallopin, Alejandro Valverde, Tony Martin and Rui Costa. Pretty tasty breakaway group

lunge

I for one will be gutted if Astana dominate the Tour this year, absolutely gutted. I don’t mind Nibbles winning but an entire team bossing it for the whole tour and having 6 riders placed to 25 smells horribly late 90’s to me.

LS
    Free Member

The accent I can cope with, it’s the innate smugness in every word I can’t stand!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I don’t mind Nibbles winning but an entire team bossing it for the whole tour and having 6 riders placed to 25 smells horribly late 90’s to me.

Or TdF 2012 for that matter.

lunge

Or TdF 2012 for that matter.

Sort of, but bar Froome and Wiggo, Sky had no-one else in the top 20 and the rest of the team spread across the GC.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’m hoping Ned, David, Matt, Chris and Gary can between them oust Phil and Paul from the TdF. They’re sounding a bit tired these days.

I’ve tweeted ITV4 to say if they do this I’ll cancel my Eurosport – I pay £4 a month not to listen to Statler and Waldorf. “A bit tired” is an understatement – drivelled cliche from Sherwen (and you know…job of work…in this the sport of professional cycling) and wrong rider wrong mountain wrong race wrong generation from Ligget.

and yes, that was a proper watched-through-fingers descent, you could hear the camera bike decking out and scraping everything trying to keep up and there was no escape route if he got it wrong.

slowoldman

and yes, that was a proper watched-through-fingers descent

Interestingly he was described in the commentary as a “local lad” but he claimed at the end he didn’t know the descent.

scaredypants

Yay for Diego Costa 😳 – who’d have thought that a footballer would win

Interestingly he was described in the commentary as a “local lad” but he claimed at the end he didn’t know the descent.

Certainly didn’t know one of the corners today 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey how did they get away? Going to have to watch the highlights of that one.

I thought Nibali looked OK and then suddenly decided that he didn’t want to show his hand of sorts. Like he just decided, nah I don’t fancy pushing it today.

Did almost looked pre-arranged like he’d hit some training target.

Today was definitely his sort of stage though.

Be interesting now to see how he gets on when it gets properly steep again tomorrow.

scaredypants

Blimey how did they get away?

down a hill in the rain is my guess

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like Eurosport coverage started just after the break had gone clear. Sounds like they went off uphill on the Croix-Haute.

Is it just me or is the new Eurosport player a bit rubbish? Seems to be a massive resource hog and is a pain on Safari on OS X.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Oooft that was some stage!! Go Yatesy, bloody strong ride! Gutted to see Bardet go down 🙁 that was a heavy fall, hopefully he’s not too banged up. Lolz at Costa’s wee gesture eh!

My man crush is confused/disappointed that Nibali rides for Astana…

brakes
    Free Member

Lolz at Costa’s wee gesture eh!

what was that about?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

He banged his chest (me big man winner, me strong) then pointed at his world champs stripes (me ex World Champ), Miller suggested that this was aimed at Nibali after the 2013 Worlds where it was suggested that Costa worked Nibali over and didn’t deserve the win.

brakes
    Free Member

ah, makes sense.

Superficial
    Free Member

SPOILERS

Oooff that was a great stage to watch for the Froome supporters. Reminiscent of Ventoux, and you can see how much that meant to him. Awesome viewing. And crazy how much time the rest of GC lost.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Loving Millar’s “Yellow Jumper”!

maxlite
    Free Member

Great stage…as they say, Froome put the hammer down 🙂

Watched yesterdays stage on catch up…..epic conditions

scaredypants

Tomorrow should be interesting, unless Froome just concedes and takes a rest – even then, one of the others might have another go

TheDoctor
    Free Member

It’s a pity a weasel like froome hasn’t been banned yet, it ruins the racing when someone like him “wins”

scaredypants

I suppose you’ll be needing to provide your evidence, thedoc

The times I’ve really wondered about Wiggo & Froome have been when looking at their domestiques towing a peloton for hours every day. I have zero evidence for any naughtiness on their part though – and they were high calibre riders in their own right before they signed to sky

igm

Not sure what you mean TheDoctor.

Froome comes across as someone who turned up to ride (as opposed to someone who just needs to raise their profile for the chat show circuit) – I like that.

His team mates are on record saying they don’t mind riding all day for him because they know he’ll try and finish the job for the team. That was as I recall Gerant Thomas – and the implication was that they’d deliver him to the last climb and he’d try and take time out of his rivals on it. I wondered if that was Sky saying they did what they had to with a previous champion but watching someone trying not to lose time on climbs and waiting for the TT just wasn’t inspiring.

Oh yes and given the way Wiggins repeatedly snubbed and disrespected Froome going back to that Vuelta, it showed remarkable disipline to assist Wiggins to that TdF. But he did – and then Wiggins failed to pay the win bonus for 12 months (allegedly – and Froome was singled out for that treatment, allegedly)

So unless you have some other dope on him?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TheDoc, would you be happier seeing Astana keep on winning? Or perhaps Bertie the Beef juicing his way to the top? Both have some proven history, yet you reserve your ire for Froome? Seems odd.

Unless, of course, you have some compelling evidence.

And yes, I know he could well be on the juice. After all, a certain Texan was. However, innocent until proven guilty. Astana and Contador are both guilty stains on the sport in a way that, as yet, Froome is not.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Suppose it depends on your stance on TUEs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching the Dauphine? (SPOILERS!)’ is closed to new replies.