Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Anyone watched Deadpool yet?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Wrong! See how I back-tracked from my comments on the other Deadpool thread.
    Thinking of going to see this again with my brother

We watched the trailer and came to that conclusion. It really is interesting to see other views

[video]http://youtu.be/ZIM1HydF9UA[/video]

CountZero

Intesrting thread and comments, we had free tickets to see it last night but decdided against it. It looked really juvenile.

Free tickets? It cost me £10! And you still declined a free evening out, which you may well have enjoyed, despite your po-faced assumption.
    Juvenile? Who gives a toss when it’s done with such style.
    You’ll never find me going to see a Will Farrell movie, or something like Zoolander 2, but Deadpool was brilliant.

letmetalktomark

Absolutely brilliant.

I don’t remember the last time I was in a packed cinema where everyone was laughing aloud, in a good way, at what was going on.

So many references to other Marvel films & characters. I will be going again to see this again.

Shoop.

Pigface
    Free Member

Saw it last night, great fun, the Taxi driver bit was funny. thumbs up from me, only down bit was that the baddy was a bit rubbish.

hora
    Free Member

Just watched that trailer. **** it looks lame. (Dredd & Blade fan)

Rorschach
    Free Member

That was’nt the trailer Hora…it was the mirror.

kimbers

Finally got to see it

Can’t believe they did a proper deadoool film, properly, possibly the most true to the source material comic book film ever!

The baddie was a bit flat, but it was all about the hero

(Was very pleased to see a helicarrier in there too)

Can’t remember last time was in a cinema where people were laughing so much

CountZero

hora – Member
    Just watched that trailer. **** it looks lame. (Dredd & Blade fan)

Riiiiiiiiiight. 🙄
    I don’t think being a fan of either of those allows you to make any kind of critique, based on just having seen a sodding trailer!
    For what it’s worth, Deadpool is now the biggest grossing X-Men franchise movie!
    I think they rather got it right.

hora
    Free Member

M’kay. Titanic grossed $2,186,772,302. And that’s a great film??..

I just don’t think it’s my sort of humour I guess. Different tastes etc

whatnobeer
    Free Member

M’kay. Titanic grossed $2,186,772,302. And that’s a great film??..

Pearl Harbour would of been a better shout for a totally shite film that made boat loads of money.

Either way, Blade fan here too, and Deadpool was great. Go see it, you might be surprised.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Nah it’s for adult children.

Keep it real bro.

Earl
    Free Member

Morina Baccarin needs to be in everything.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Morina Baccarin needs to be in everything.

Really! She aint all that

(If you squint your eyes, hold your breath she looks all blurry)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Going to tell us next she didn’t look hot as hell in the naughty bits in Homeland either……….

Not going to post a pic though as apparently commenting that someone looks hot on here is “frowned upon” 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Funnier than a lot of current comedies, brilliantly done and so so wrong. Though wonder how some of the parents of the kids who looked a out 12 were feeling 2 mins in, or the poor lad (probably just old enough) sat with his mum and dad through all that.
    I’ll be waiting for the directors cut too.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I like movies that challenge thought and social concepts.

Also like a movie where I can just chill out after a tough week. Maybe not so fast or furious.

Theatre too.

Still laughed during Deadpool for escapism.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and the Unicorn 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

mikewsmith – that’ll be us then. Took Jnr who is 15 in a couple of months time. I leant over to the OH and said “cover his eyes up”. On leaving and heading towards the toilet Jnr said to me “there were some bits that I didn’t laugh at because I didn’t want Mum to think I understood about things like that!”

One of the OHs students took his 11 year old brother 😯

BoardinBob

Best bit was “Happy International Womens Day” 😆

Loved it. So clever. From the opening credits right through to the end. The constant self referential humour and 4th wall breaking was brilliant. Not a bad directorial debut for Tim Miller!

mmannerr

Funny in all the wrong places and way too violent – if I had time I’d go to see it again.
    Worst part for me was knowing that since it was so good there will many sequels and loads of bad films “inspired by” it.

willard

There were a couple of places where I was really laughing and the humour was very juvenile (so well suited to my sense of humour!), so I rate it as the best film of 2016 so far.

Would I watch it again? Maybe. I’d probably buy it on DVD.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Watched it last night. It was mostly entertaining, but there were constant references to sexual violence, which isn’t really my thing.

Thought I was going to suffocate with laughter about 10 minutes in!

Only downer was the trailer did kinda give away some of the jokes, the bar scene with “you look like Freddie Kruger ………..a topographical map of utah” could have had a few more lines for example.

johndoh
    Free Member

Funniest juvenile movie since The Inbetweeners.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have mixed feeling about it, I like the concept (adult superhero films) and some of it is well executed but I thought too much of the humour was very childish/slapstick I just didn’t find it that funny and it jarred a bit with the rest of the film. I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was much more watchable as a superhero film that didn’t take itself seriously.

kimbers

johndoh – Member
    Funniest juvenile movie since The Inbetweeners.

nah was way better than that american pie rip off

lazybike
    Free Member

I wasn’t expecting much, but I really enjoyed it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have mixed feeling about it, I like the concept (adult superhero films) and some of it is well executed but I thought too much of the humour was very childish/slapstick I just didn’t find it that funny and it jarred a bit with the rest of the film. I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was much more watchable as a superhero film that didn’t take itself seriously.

I think if you can accept that the storyline was only there to support the characters then it’s great. It was essentially a 100 minutes of Deadpool sketches with an exploding air/ship/carrier thing at the end.

It’s not the Revenant.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Honest Trailers – Deadpool (Feat. Deadpool)

[video]https://youtu.be/_qIRtFE6aIc[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

Meh, was alright. Over hyped though.

DezB
    Free Member

You would say that, what with being so late to the party.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am also late to the party, and I thought it was ok. A solid 6.5/7 out of 10.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another late viewer here. Watched it on the flight over on Sunday.

Seven out of ten for me. Funny in parts, sometimes very much so. Use of music was good too.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watched Deadpool yet?’ is closed to new replies.