Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone used SpringboardUmbrella.co.uk
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Its the first time I’ve used an umbrella company and don’t really know what I’m doing. I was recommended them buy the employment agency so just agreed and signed up with them. I’m 3 days in and they really aren’t filling me with any confidence.

General comments please.

TheFlyingOx

In my opinion, you’d be as well being employed directly by the agency. You’re paying them for the privilege of being paid by them.

thepodge
    Free Member

Hummm… It was the Agency who recommended them so I doubt they do direct employment. The contract is for min of 1 month so its not too bad unless it gets extended, which is highly likely.

TheFlyingOx

Are you likely to earn enough that Ltd Company becomes a valid option? Obviously don’t answer that, just think about it.
    The agency probably recommend an umbrella company cos it absolves them from any kind of extra work re: employee national insurance, pensions, etc., etc., etc. They just receive an invoice from the umbrella company and and pay it.

thepodge
    Free Member

My mate has his own LTD company but he’s been doing it for years and doesn’t recommend it if I’ll be short term because its “a bit of a ball ache”.

I suppose I should just suck it up and then see what happens in 4 weeks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used SpringboardUmbrella.co.uk’ is closed to new replies.