Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone used megabus?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can book tickets on behalf of other people with megabus?

Want to book train tickets for my boyfriend’s brother and sister who are coming over from Denmark, and it would be simpler if I could book for them rather than try and talk them through booking on the train website and have them collect tickets at the station

(megabus is still a train journey for this particular route)

flip
    Free Member

I haven’t but every time i see one i think of this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXYRfam_0A[/video]

Danny79
    Free Member

I’ve used it for trains to London from Southampton, no tickets to collect for train just showed train staff a print out of booking confirmation email.

uplink
    Free Member

I did this for my daughter a couple of years ago

IIRC you get sent an email with a reservation number, and that’s it
    So you could simply forward the email?

Wozza
    Free Member

I can’t answer your question about booking tickets but my brother described Megabus as the worst travelling experience of his life, including the month he spent in India.

Edit: I see it’s on the train, It should be better.

cupra
    Free Member

Usually as long as you have reservation number. I used to use it a fair bit between Dundee and Aberdeen and can’t really fault it for the price.

willyboy
    Free Member

bigyinn
    Free Member

I usually book it for my mum and then send her the confirmation e-mail. They print out e-mail and present it to the coach driver / train guard and thats it.
    No tickets required, just the e-mail. Bear in mind that if its the train they must catch the one they are booked on and cannot deviate from the journey they are booked on.

Got the coach from Portsmouth to Birmingham for me and mother (bringing a car back down) for £2.50 in total.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Thanks all, it’s just London to Nottingham on the train, so no different from, well, taking the train.

Not being able to deviate from the journey is no different from any cheap rail ticket anyhow, so that’s not a problem.

nick1962
    Free Member

When I booked it for my daughter to travel from Manchester to Glasgow I had the booking reference texted to her mobile phone as a”virtual ticket”.I was told that on Megabus buses under 16s need to be with an over 16 to travel-not sure if it’s the same with the trains as they are operated by Virgin etc

project
    Free Member

Mega bus are now running sleeper bues with real bunk beds from london o scotland and return.
    They also own a part share in virgin trains as well.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I used to use them from Edinburgh – Inverness.
    I stopped using them after a lad behind me projectile vomited over my seat, sailed over my head and landed in my lap.
    Kinda spoiled the experience for me.

martymac

you get a reference number which you can write down, or print off, or recieve as a text.
    you show it to the driver to get on the bus.
    you need to book for the exact journey you intend to use, you wont be allowed to travel early or late.
    most drivers are ok, (i used to be one) but some are total asshats like.
    you get what you pay for, its a budget service and it tends to attract a budget clientele.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used megabus?’ is closed to new replies.