Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone use the Crud fender?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Any good in conjunction with a crud catcher?
    any better than a neoguard?

martyntr
    Free Member

I am using one as is the wife… they look a bit MX 😈 but do the job very well. Since fitting it the mud face problem from before has been avoided 🙂

More obvious than a Neoguard which is very neat and tidy. I've not used one of those though so can't compare.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

The Mucky Nutz Y Fronts (or whatever they're called from Charlie the Bikemonger) works very well with a Crudcatcher. I shall be sporting one for this weekends aqua biking expedition…. No weight and far more unobtrusive than the fender, IMO.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

but what about water off the front of the tyres?

br
    Free Member

Had mine on for a few rides now (wet and dry), really does as it says – recommend

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/bruce_nikki/?action=view&current=Chilterns20091117013.jpg

with a shorter stem, it would look better

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone else?

martyntr
    Free Member

Rob – no problem with mud, water, dirt or grime off the front tyre. It was my main reason for buying one as I don't like riding in shades in the winter..

martyntr
    Free Member

I had a look at b r's and that's exactly how mine looks as I use a 120mm stem (6'3")

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, had mine out for it's first test around Afan last weekend in the deluge. Was very, very impressed! In conjunction with a new shape Crud Catcher on the downtube. Had the entire weekend with a mud free face and none of that Afan grit in my eyes!

It does look a little spcial, but it works so that's fine for me!

tinsy
    Free Member

I have used the old type one for years, at £3 it might be worth a shot.. I just usually cable tie mine to the crown of my forks, I think its neater than the new one.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=621

andyeez
    Free Member

I got the standard 'speed stuff' front fender from CRC and cut off the rear section. Looks better IMO and sits closer to the wheel. Works a treat keeping most of the mud out of my contacts.

AlteredCarbon
    Free Member

Yup, I'm using one. Got fed up of spray in the face and one particular night ride this week where I got a nice 'taste of diesel' convinced me that going without is definitely not an option.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

got a topeak defender instead – means i can get rid of the down tube guard also

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use the Crud fender?’ is closed to new replies.