Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone use spank rims?
  • DT78
    Free Member

In the market for some new tough rims and would quite like to add a little colour.

I've seen the spank spike/stiffee – anyone tried them on here? I like the look of the chrome – is the rim painted or anodized? Any problems with the colour looking tatty after a few rides?

The rim needs to be able to survive a week in morzine, so far I've tried & killed a DT swiss 5.1 and a ex721 out there.

DT78
    Free Member

No one?

monotokpoint
    Free Member

I've just ordered some from Superstar Components, so I will be able to tell you in a few days what they are like…I hope they are good!

DT78
    Free Member

That's exactly the set I'm thinking about – (from superstar)

If you can let me know that would be great.

nickc

I've not built any myself, but I've heard from another reliable source that they were some of the most 'bent' rims he'd ever had to build

andysandes
    Free Member

If your breaking 721s frequently which I assume are the newer version of the d521 then your dong something wrong! One of the best (still) dh rims on the Market. I can understand the dt rims as they are made of cheese!

backhander
    Free Member

I'm really liking the look of the oozy rims but haven't tried them.
    Thats what I'll go for if/when I ruin my flows!

stevet
    Free Member

Got the Subrosa rims superstar are doing and they are fantastic ! Havent lost trueness and the hubs are bombproof aswell ! So easy to strip down and regrease etc. O and they are white 😀

juan
    Free Member

LBS owner uses them. They are quite noisy but they seems to be olding ok. Plenty off dings on them, but they are still true.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use spank rims?’ is closed to new replies.