Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone use Industry Nine Wheels?
  • sheldona
    Free Member

And can you compare them to Chris King Wheels? I’ve read some reviews but could do with hearing from people who actually have a pair rather than what they’ve heard!

the_lecht_rocks

more difficult to perform quick ring-drive type service compared to CK

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hello..Mr bling wants some more bling!

$$$

Stoner
    Free Member

you come into some money then sheldon? 🙂

toons
    Free Member

Had Chris kings for two years and then switched to i9’s, never looked back.

I’ve been running my i9’s for over two years, only had one snapped spoke in that time. I did have an initial problem with the freewheel; but once that was swapped (newer version), they’ve been bloody fantastic, instant engagement and they sound class.

Just bought another set.

the_lecht_rocks

toons – have youi not cleaned the internals / bearing in that 2 years ?

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks guys, just trying to decide on the next build, The frame is still 8 to 10 weeks away though!
    Stoner no not really so the build may have to wait until I find a job! But I need to get an idea of what’s what as I’m going to OK the frame design once I’ve received and checked the drawings 😀

singlespeedstu

8 to 10 weeks?

Nah, they’ve already finished it.

sheldona
    Free Member

I knew I shouldn’t of sent you the design 😀

Close on the colours too!

toons
    Free Member

I haven’t but the LBS has, the_lecht_rocks do you own a set?

Sheldona what bike you ordered?

Stoner
    Free Member

whos making it? Alex?

sheldona
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a ****************************

sorry not going to reveal anything until it arrives and even then I will may finish the build before I show what it is and that won’t happen until I find a job 🙁

sofaking
    Free Member

are you going for full size wheels ?

sheldona
    Free Member

The wheels will be big enough for me!

singlespeedstu

The wheels will be big enough for me!

So it’s comming with tandem specific wheels then to cope with the weight? 😛

sheldona
    Free Member

Aye! Got to make to strong enough just incase you want a go Stu!

hora
    Free Member

Where can you buy them from? Interested from Manchester

hora
    Free Member

How much? No offence guys but machining/engagment etc- you would have to be a super-talented and sensitive rider to pick up any performance benefits passed a certain point.

I think its bling for blings sake. I use a 4yr old King rear with a hope front.

sheldona
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a price for my specific requirement but they seem to be in line with a King build. I already have 3 sets of King so fancy a change. I also need a Maverick front and they cater for this.
    As far as dealers there is one in the UK iirc but I’m dealing with them direct as I have specific colours etc in mind 🙂

richc
    Free Member

hora look at the weight of them, thats why they are so much.

toons
    Free Member

Hora have you tried the i9’s?

auricgoldfinger

Sheldona – I have a pair. Mine are the AM hubs built onto Mavic 717’s. They are light, stiff as hell, with pick up as good, if not better than a King (which I also have). I was surprised at how much abuse they take – I’m not talking DH’ing or anything, but I didn’t expect the 717’s to stay true with my riding style. Have got a 15 mm conversion to convert to 15QR – haven’t tried it yet, but conversion looks very straight forward. Bearings are super smooth, although my rear hub is in need of a free hub service – apparently you need some odd-sized rather small alan keys to get into them (which I haven’t tried myself yet). I am very impressed with them so far (have had them about 9 months or so). The only downside I can really find is getting spares – I’ve not found Just Riding Along to be that able, shall we say, to get them in a timely manner, but to be honest I think that has got a lot more to do with I9 themselves. I have got stuff from Competitive Cycling in the States, and they were very quick, if a little more pricey.

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks for the input Auricgoldfinger, I’ve just had the price come through and looking at it they’re going to cost about £370 more than some Kings!! So jury’s out for a while!

auricgoldfinger

hmmmmm. They’re good, but not that good! I think mine were circa. £600 last year (and I have 10% off them after that).

sq225917
    Free Member

Plenty of guys shooting them down on mtbr.com, issues with them folding on stutter bumps. They do look nice though..

doof_doof
    Free Member

I was looking at getting some from Larry @ Mountain High Cyclery in the US a while back. I think he could do them for about US$750 for standard colours on Stans rims. Prices might have changed since then though.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Industry Nine Wheels?’ is closed to new replies.