Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anyone tried/own an epiphone dot studio guitar.how are they?
  • racefaceec90

i was going to get a squier classic vibe tele,but just spotted this beauty 🙂 http://www.andertons.co.uk/semi-hollow-amp-hollow-body/pid9449/cid670/epiphone-dot-studio-in-worn-cherry-electric-guitar it’s £200 (£100 less than the tele).am very tempted to buy it (have never played/owned a semi accoustic guitar before) how well are they made,and do they sound good/play well. it’s doing my head in frankly,all these guitar choices 😉 thanks 🙂

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I think thats not a semi acoustic, but a semi-solid.

Ie your still not going to get much volume out of it accoustically, as its only the “wings” that have sound chambers, the central core of the guitar is a plank to which the neck is (hopefully, for a pseudo Gibson glued) in, and then the front and back are attached.

It’s going to be ok, but I really would, like a bike, go to a proper shop, be prepared to pay a proper shop price to reflect the advice you get, and try a few out to see what they all feell like, properly set up, and how they sound and feel.

If you were posting on a musicians site, you’r doing the STW equivilent of “I’ve seen this appollo in halfords, it looks really good because its gor full suspension and 21 gears – what do you think?”

The advise would be, buy cheap, buy twice, and try one out, dont just buy on the interweb.

duntstick
    Free Member

Check out the sound samples here

Sounds nice if Jazz is your thing.

What kind of music do you want to use it for?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I got the worn brown one. From the reviews it seems to be well received, but having not tried any others I’ve no idea how it compares, but I assumed it was the equivalent of a sarcin, so still way better than my playing level 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwxRVVeBcU[/video]

plumber
    Free Member

Telecaster every time for me

skaifan
    Free Member

I reckon the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster is the best you can buy for around £300. Thats if you can find one.
    http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid21950/cid671/squier-j-mascis-jazzmaster-in-vintage-white.asp

grievoustim
    Free Member

I’ve never played one – but £200 seems too cheap for a hollow body/ glued neck guitar. Its like buying a full suspension bike with your £200 budget, when you’d be better off with a basic, rigid , hard tail (ie a telecaster)

Anyway , get a tele – teles rule

racefaceec90

thanks all.i think i will stick with the butterscotch classic vibe tele (i only have to wait until jan 12th to buy one 🙂

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I’m not even sure that the Tele is the best option.

I’d consider looking for a second hand instrument, and as a pointer, if you want a ti single speed 29’er, (to keep up the stw analogy) for budget money, then I’d do a search for Gordon Smith Guitars on ebay. A basic GS1 with its very bdget hardware, but built in England by one man who cares about these things, rather than a production line of Chinese with a target to reach, is likely to be a better “instrument”, and will not lose you any money.

RustySpanner

Get the Tele!

I’ve played a few of the ‘Classic Vibe’ Squires, all have been ace.
    The Fiesta Red 50’s Strat is a wonderful guitar for the cash, I’d love one.

Please post some pics when you get it, thanks. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anyone tried/own an epiphone dot studio guitar.how are they?’ is closed to new replies.