Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 478 total)
  • Anyone Seen Sharki ????
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Anyone contacted his latest 'special friend'? Sarah, I think her name was.

Hope all ends well with this one.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Aye, I hope he's tied up in her basement. Bugger, I've only just left the country or I'd come up and lend a hand. Keep us updated peeps, we need to go riding next time I'm on leave.

tails
    Free Member

bump

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Thinking about it, has anyone mentioned or checked the cave? I was talking to him about it a couple of weeks ago. Long shot, but worth checking maybe…

aleigh
    Free Member

i've passed the message on – a couple of the q's lads are helping out at the mo

jacko54321
    Free Member

just come in now, not sure where the great bear carpark is, saw 2 police on horse back and helicopter flying about,

i went to hodders combe, triscompe, lydeard, crowcombe ,weacombe and ranscome, only saw the police at the top
    hope they find him

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

All the best to those out looking, hopefully here from Sharki very soon

tails
    Free Member

I'm sure those who are friends with him have thought of this but

Has anyone contacted his parents? It being easter after all.

I realise his car was at the Q's but could he have buggered off abroad. Passport?

Does he have more than one partner?

Have you asked at the railway station?

lowey

Bloody hell. Never met the guy, but he always came across as a sound guy. Really hope for a good outcome here.

aleigh
    Free Member

his family are aware of the situation and there's a massive search going on at the moment.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I hope this has a happy outcome.

Not knowing the guy at all, might there be any clues in this thread?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/spain

Or was he just taking the piss?

Lazgoat
    Free Member

bump…anymore news? I met him once a couple of years ago on the Q's and he graciously showed us round the hills. Hope he's ok.

aleigh
    Free Member

i've not heard anymore since i spoke to knottie earlier whilst he was out looking.

clareymorris

Crikey hope he is OK? I'm sure there is a really simple explanation – but will you keep us informed?

Wish we were closer so we could help 🙁

ton

yeah, hope he is ok….always seemed a sound bloke.

bigsi
    Free Member

yep i hope he's ok, never met him but seems like a decent bloke from his postings etc.

What raised the alarm that he might be missing ?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

What ton said. I hope everything's okay.

aleigh
    Free Member

he is a lovely bloke 🙂

knottie said he was staying out until it got dark and i'm sure anyone else out there today will keep you guys and gals informed – i will where i can

edit: What raised the alarm that he might be missing ?
    no one's seen or heard from him for a fair few days and no one's been able to contact him

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've noticed an estate car (I thought it was a Volvo though) parked in one of the carparks I pass on the way to work (it's strange to see any cars about at that time of the day), but I thought it was Dead Womans Ditch not Great Bear, come to think of it though, there may have been one at Great Bear on Friday.

druidh
    Free Member

He last logged on to mlehworld on 28th March. I take it someone has been in contact with him since then?

Is there any point in trying to spread the word a bit further? I've seen some "missing person" groups on Facebook. Dunno what good they do other than garner additional publicity (and possible more eyes keeping a look out)? Bit of a mess if he's simply "lying low" of his own accord for a while though.

bigsi
    Free Member

aleigh – and i assume thats out of character for him?

Not prying btw but some people like to drop off the radar for a few days but you guys obviously know him well.

Hope he turns up safe and well.

jam-bo

its not unusual for sharki to go walkabout for a couple of days, but it is unusual for him to miss out on a weekend with his kids.

anyone know how to go back through chat history on facebook? I can't remember where he told me he was supposed to be working this week.

aleigh
    Free Member

hi everyone

i've just spoken to charlie and someone has said they're pretty sure they saw shane in his car yesterday at 3pm. he was also seen in a pub friday night.

the pubs he has frequented in recently are the plow, carew arms in crowcombe and hood arms in kilve.

he has his rucksack, camera and sleeping bag and told a passer by he was deer spotting.

any info, please contact the police via the link on the other page. charlie, knottie and a friend of shanes are still searching, they have left the police search for now.

Houns

Feeling completely helpless here. I know if it was me or anyone else off mleh to go missing he'd be the first one to offer to help look for them.
    As mentioned above he has gone walkabout before but he'd always mention it to someone.
    I wish i knew the area so i could help look for him

Edit

Just seen what aleigh has wrote. That's a bit more promising, hopefully he's just bivvyin' somewhere. On mleh Tree mentioned he's talk about a cave over there before, anyone know where that is?

Dinger
    Free Member

I am riding the Tocks tomorrow anyway so will follow my last route that I did with him as we went on an exploratory ride. I would check the cave but it is so long since I went with him that I am not that sure how to get there

allthepies
    Free Member

Some good news from aleigh there (as in recent sightings). Never met the bloke but from his postings on here he seemed a decent, intelligent chap with a real passion for biking and the Q's.

jam-bo

I know roughly where it is, but its a fairly long way from where his car was.

aleigh
    Free Member

houns – i believe the cave has been looked at

Houns

Ah ok…Well whenever the bugger turns up i'm going down for a ride with him

hora
    Free Member

Hope he is ok. Wish i could help.

+1

Si
    Free Member

Does anyone know when he was reported missing as I dont think there were any misper logs out last night in the area accorded to friend who works for the police.

Has there been search and rescuse out on the Q's too in the search?

JoeBones
    Free Member

I hope he is ok, he is a decent bloke, bought my Cotic Soul off me a couple of years ago.

oldfart

Just read this now , been out all day .Shane hope you are o.k. mate and you have just been doing a Grizzly Adams .

aleigh
    Free Member

i reckon he's been bivvyin like hounds said 😀 i'm sure he'll be really overwhelmed by everyone's concern over him

bagpuss
    Free Member

Or knowing him he intended to go and watch deer but pulled on the way there. Hope so anyway.

scaredypants

fingers crossed here too

jacko54321
    Free Member

[/i]Has there been search and rescuse out on the Q's too in the search?

i saw the avon and somerset police helicopter and 2 horses, was up there for about 3.5 hours,

jam-bo

i think those in the know are probably still out on the hills.

aleigh
    Free Member

they are and will be until it gets dark. there's also someone waiting for him at the car park this evening.

sambob
    Free Member

really hope he gets found safe and sound, would love to help but the peaks are a long way away 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Seen Sharki ????’ is closed to new replies.