Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone recommend a warm, cheap, packs small coat?
  • finnegan
    Free Member

My train was delayed this morning, and having been warm on the bike I got cold on the station. I carry an old Rohan Snowpack jacket (Primaloft One insulation) which is too big, more bulky than I’d like in the pannier, and obviously not warm enough either.

I’ve read the Rab Microlight/Finisterre Etobicoke threads – any other suggestions for a warm, close fitting (will fit under cycling waterproof), small-packing, cheaper than £90 jacket with pockets to keep my hands warm during the walk at the other end of my commute? (Feels like one of those ‘you can have any three of those but not all four’ type questions to me).

ElShalimo

Keela Belay Jacket is super warm (Primaloft 133g insulation) and can be had for less than £50.

finnegan
    Free Member

Good call, thanks,

simon_g

Have heard good things about the uniqlo down jackets. 206g and £59.

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/store/clothing/ultralight-down/men/

finnegan
    Free Member

Second good call, thanks – I think I’ll take a walk down to Uniqlo.

mudpup
    Free Member

I have a Montane Prism
    Lovely snuggly and packs small
    70sniffs from Ebay new Prism Jacket

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Montane Prism is my favourite piece of outdoor kit.

CountZero

Those Uniqulo jackets look pretty good value, roughly just under half the price of the Rab jacket. I’ve noticed Julia Bradbury wears the Rab ones a lot. Look good on her, not so sure about me…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend a warm, cheap, packs small coat?’ is closed to new replies.