Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • Anyone on here tried heroine?
  • jhw
    Free Member

What was it like?

Just wondering, death of bassist from Alice in Chains today, favourite band, so sad. Can you explain it?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I quite fancy Wonder Woman.

samuri
    Free Member

Ripley for me.

tazzymtb

the bad ladies are always much nicer than the heroines, they’re normally in tight black leather for a start 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

International Women’s Day was yesterday OP.

…but then it was the centenary so will let you off.

Nope, but know a few that have.

It’s bloody horrible at first by all accounts.

Tried pretty much most things, but won’t go near that muck.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Ignore them all.

This is what you need to know The real stuff

Being from the North East I’m biased though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Marilyn Monroe for me

RealMan
    Free Member

tazzymtb

in another life – yes

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Closest I’ve come is Diamorphine in hospital, which is the same thing.

The best way I can describe the effects is that it gives you a feeling of incredible, utterly supreme comfort. You can feel quite nauseous at first, but that soon passes. All the stresses and pains of life melt away, and you feel blissfully relaxed. Not ‘out of body’, but quite ‘floaty’. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh…….

I can understand it’s appeal, and can see just how dangerous it is. Nothing in the World matters, when you’re smacked up. Nothing.

Very ‘moreish’…..

maxray
    Free Member

Gutted, drugs have had a proper grip on that band. Loved man in a box and the like. Shall have an aic morning on spotify tomorrow. 🙁

Have never tried it but have such an addictive personality that it would end in tears if I did..

druidh
    Free Member

No, but I once lived with someone who was an addict. Other than the inability to hold down a job, constantly feeling ill, the blackouts and selling her body to any disease-ridden punter to pay for it, it all seemed fine.

jhw
    Free Member

mmm

I just wonder what the high’s like.

Also, I think it has a great image compared to cocaine, which is associated with Patrick Bateman and the worst of David Bowie. I know you shouldn’t glamorise it especially in the circumstances but does anyone like Primal Scream’s recent stuff?!? Or the Chilis – they’ve done nothing since Californication and even that was borderline.

I pumped Rain When I Die loud enough this evening when I got home from work that the neighbour complained, but I ignored her. Greatest band of a period when there were many, many great bands.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll be completely honest, it’s one of the nicest highs I’ve ever had. Amazing.

The drug itself, if used safely and cleanly, is relatively harmless; it’s the shit it gets cut with and the lifestyle that surrounds it’s use, for most addicts, that’s the problem.

You could use Heroin every day, and be perfectly healthy, if you had a clean supply and clean needles, and injected carefully. It’s a physically far less destructive drug than tobacco, alcohol and many others.

grum
    Free Member

I had Diamorphine in hospital too and it’s just as Fred says – probably the most warmly satisfied, blissfully content feeling I’ve ever had. No wonder people get addicted to it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

+1000 for the Diamorphine 🙂

jhw
    Free Member

Yeah, like Keith Richards

freddyg
    Free Member

I haven’t tried it, but I did watch my cousin die as a result of her addiction. It took about 20 years and was so very sad 😥

Her sister is also hooked as a direct result of trying to get her off it. She will go the same way too.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thankfully I have enough self awarness to know I possess an incredibly addictive personality.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Horses for courses.
    Diamorphine made me feel so sick I preferred to take the pain from my shoulder op than use the self admin I was given in hospital.
    Its complete bollox to say any drug is “harmless”, its all a matter of individual circumstances and personality/genetic make up.
    One man’s meat is another man’s poison.

grum
    Free Member

Its complete bollox to say any drug is “harmless”

It’s not poisonous like alcohol or tobacco though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah of course. What I meant was Heroin is relatively harmless if you compare it to alcohol and tobacco. Some folk are allergic to aspirin and stuff like that. Aspirin is still relatively harmless though.

Horses for courses

Ketamine is for horses….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Winston – heroin usage causes few health issues – far less than alcohol for example. Its all the stuff surrounding the addiction and the prohibition that causes the harm. A junkie with a plentiful supply of clean heroin does not come to much harm. Its just you only ever hear about the people with chaotic lifestyles

see William Burroughs for example

You do need a lot of money tho. Much petty crime is driven by heroin addiction

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A junkie with a plentiful supply of clean heroin does not come to much harm. Its just you only ever hear about the people with chaotic lifestyles

It’s the unknown purity which is the killer – it leads to fatal overdoses.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And nuts. Some folk are allergic to nuts.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had a mate I was in a band with for about 5 years. he had an addictive personality. First booze, then dope, then speed, then acid, coke, addicted to them all. But he never ever tried smack.

until one day he decided he wanted to go clean, so he checked into a rehab group. Where he met a woman who happened to be a smackhead.

He tried it.

once.

You shouldn’t be going to funerals of thirtysomethings.

RIP Ed Johnson

Garry_Lager

It’s not poisonous like alcohol or tobacco though.

And ale and ciggies aren’t poisonous like heroin either – which has acute toxicity in a way that they do not.

Not heard of too many people ODing on a session of booze, although it’s probably possible. Probably impossible if you’re not already an alcoholic (ie chronically abusing the drug already).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nope, never heard of anyone having to have their stomach pumped 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m a scouser so of course I have 🙂

It was absolutely brilliant. Like a massive warm glove enveloping you and then having really lucid dreams although awake, about the nicest I have ever felt. I’ve had it a few times but cocaine was always my drug. Deliberately didn’t have heroin too much as didn’t want to get too comfortable with it. Wish I’d made that decision with coke though which I hammered for well over a decade!

Every time I had heroin I threw up pretty violently the next day.

The ‘badder’ a drug is, the nicer the drug is. All drugs are fine in moderation, it’s when you abuse them that they become problematic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Garry – heroin is not a poison

yes its is possible to OD. You stop breathing as it supresses the breathing reflex. a shot of naran and you are right as rain.

Again as ernie says its the illegality of it that leads to variable purity and thus ODs

however A&E is full of people who have ODed on alcohol and there is no antidote for that. Alcohol ODs rarely kill – but do so sometimes.

user-removed
    Free Member

I have an old and very dear friend who runs his own succesful business, has a lovely wife and three very well brought up kids and who also happens to be a smack addict.

He’s a very together guy – much more so than I’ll ever be. His life though is filled with the constant hassles of having to score – he has to deal with all kinds of unsavory types and runs the constant risk of getting arrested obviously, which would be utterly devestating for him as he seems to buy large amounts infrequently, rather than small amounts daily.

Yes he has a choice – he says he’s self-medicating, and it’s certainly true that he used to be a bit of a miserable bugger very depressed before he started using and seems happy and well adjusted now.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Alice in chains would not have existed or combusted if it wasn’t for their consumption of Heroin. That is a fact.

Heroin is a cXXt. It killed friends of mine, with their (my friends) help.

nb. I like their music.

xiphon
    Free Member

Horses for courses
    Ketamine is for horses….

Special K!

Done most drugs, but heroine is one I will never try. Ever.

Soon learn which drugs your mind/body can handle, and which it can’t.

duckman

I grew up in Dundee, when I was in my mid-teens (80’S) Dundee had more HIV positive per head than anywhere in Scotland,because of needle sharing.So no, sod that.

konabunny
    Free Member

Garry – heroin is not a poison

What’s the definition of poison?

warton
    Free Member

smoked it twice.

Once in Nottingham, but was very drunk, and by all accounts the quality wasn’t great, so can’t remember it being tbh

Once in Prague and it’s fair to say it was incredible, best high I’ve ever had, everything was so blissful all of a sudden. never had it since, it’s fair to say I was so taken by it I vowed never to have it again.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve smoked it a number of times but not for about 10 years and now I’m a dad and have kids in the house it’s a complete no no.

The effects are magnificent if the quality is good. I live fairly near a major port and the heroin coming in off the boats was clean and strong. Never injected though, for me that was a step too far.

I found the high from it totally eclipsed anything else I’d ever smoked, which was great but it also set alarm bells ringing in my head. Drifted away from the party scene and away from drugs per say a long time ago but do not regret experiencing those feelings for a second.

robgarrioch

Can’t comment on use / abuse of the drug, but I’m shocked at another band member succumbing to addiction – had a minutes frantic searching before I realised it was Mike Starr, not Inez, that had passed.
    Dirt is the most affecting album I ever bought, around ’93 – probably still listen to it 2 or 3 times a month, and, ironically, ‘Junkhead’ is my favourite ever song. Incredible backing to the music all the way through. RIP.

roper
    Free Member

I think we have to be clear with some of the information on here.

yes its is possible to OD. You stop breathing as it supresses the breathing reflex. a shot of naran and you are right as rain.

How many smack heads have naran or even know how to administer it and at what doses?

Again as ernie says it’s the illegality of it that leads to variable purity and thus ODs

In some cases but ODs are also from people trying to get a harder hit or getting clean for a bit and then taking the same dose levels they had built up over time. “pure” gear still kills people.

People can’t live well with heroin,no matter how “clean” it is. The William Burroughs argument is an old one. Read his books and look at his life and see how happy he was as a junkie.
    If you inject you run the risk of infections, scaring and amputations. Also running out of veins so injecting in your feet groin etcetera. If you smoke it you get traces of sticky smack in your lungs. If you are a regular user you will walking a fine line of not rattling or being too numb to enjoy and appreciate life. You run the risk of arrest of house raids and are propping up a cruel aspect of the criminal world. It will be expensive and finding a stable balance is impossible.

Addiction to anything can leed to physiological disorders, family break ups, poor quiality of live and death. All rather sad just for a nice warm glow and a clean high, for a bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here tried heroine?’ is closed to new replies.