Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone near Glen Clova
  • fergal
    Free Member

If so how is Driesh and Mayar looking please, snowy? thinking of having a gander at the kilbo path, anyone off here done it.

Stu661
    Free Member

I stay not to far away and will have a look to see what the snow cover is like if any and try and report back tomorrow.

I have also done the Kilbo path via Corrie Fee and it’s a good day out, the Kilbo path is good fun if a bit straight, it get’s a bit better in the woods with a few corners. If going up it’s worth doing Jocks Road as a out and back in the same day just to make it a longer day out.

fergal
    Free Member

Cheers that would be great, so is the Kilbo path quite rocky?

Stu661
    Free Member

Just had a look at the Glenshee ski area web cams and as long as they are up to date I can’t see there being much snow up Clova but will still have a look up tomorrow.

fergal
    Free Member

Was up in the highlands early in week, snow not really a problem in the West, apart from the final 100m on Ben Vorlich, the northern gorms were plastered.

jordie
    Free Member

quite rocky LOL

fergal
    Free Member

I was trying to gauge how technical it is smart arse.

Why don’t you comment on how good or techy it is, while you are sitting on your melon sized ass, i will be riding it, it’s just quite nice to know what to expect LOL.

Stu661
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say it’s that technical to be fair it’s more like a boulder field than a path and at times it’s hard to pick the best line, but it’s all rideable you just need to keep your speed up to carry you over the bigger rocks.

Like I said above if Glenshee is anything to go by I can’t see there being much snow it’s further north and west that got it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cheers that would be great, so is the Kilbo path quite rocky?

Quote of the week!

Here are some pics of Jock’s Road. We rode it as a loop, heading up Glen Doll to the footbridge, then rather than crossing it towards Loch Muick, climbed parallel to it on the path then contoured around to join Jock’s Road. The path is very feint at the watershed, and you need careful navigation to pick up the trail. Very tricky in thick fog. Well worth it for the downhill.

messiah
    Free Member

Kilbo path is rocky and pretty technical in places… much more so than Jocks Road… which means it’s fun-fun-fun (IMHO, YMMV etc)

To make a day of the Kilbo you can go from Clova via the ministers path across to Glen Prosen, then up and over the Kilbo, add in Driesh or Mayar if the weather allows. On a good day this route is almost all rideable. Ministers path is a bit boring, and the climb up from Prosen is pretty damn steep in places but it makes for a nice day out.

jordie
    Free Member

while you are sitting on your melon sized ass

Aye okay see if you can clear it all the up from Prosen then down the other side then tell me about the size of my ass!!

Stu661
    Free Member

Got a chance to have a look up the Glen and it looks like to snow is down to about 700m.

I also uploaded a vid of the Kilbo path to youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfIDYWpG0o&feature=youtu.be

Stu661
    Free Member

Heres a chest cam vid of Jocks Road from the mountain shelter to the forrest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKnKEK5-u0&feature=youtu.be

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stu661 = Water bar riding god.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Great vid. I’ve been up that way on the bike (years ago) and more recently on ski. What is that in the sky at about 6:20? Helicopter?

fergal
    Free Member

Great vids, i’m sold.

Stu661
    Free Member

TroutWrestler at about 6:20 on the second vid that would be the sun, it shows up strange on the gopro.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We’re off tomorrow. I last rode this in the early 90’s on a Quadra21 equipped Orange Prestige, so I’m looking forward to it as I can’t remember it in any detail at all.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone near Glen Clova’ is closed to new replies.