Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • anyone met anyone famous today?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

I did, well as famous as it gets in northampton.

I was perusing the breathtakingly expensive honey in my local farm shop, when I heard my missus stammering behind me.

I turned around and there she was talking to Dorien (leslie joseph).

the missus said “oh hi leslie, im such a fan, I loved you in er, er, er, er,……………………. big pause……………..

(small embarassed voice, dammit cant remember what you were in*)

er come dine with me………”

cue dorien looking back at the organic brussels with a very thin lipped smile.

kimbers

stood behind mark lamar in sainsburys till queue the other day

he had his ipod on and looked miserable as hell

i did wanna sing “hes a nifty fifties binman” tho

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Shaun Ryder and Bez in Glossop Tesco AGAIN the other day

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

would that be the farmshop near the windhover pub ? expencive yes but you cant beat there amazing food !

timdrayton
    Free Member

plumzrichard – yep, hmmmm their food is great, i cant afford to shop there these days tbh, but the local honey sorts the missus’s hayfever.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Don;t know about anyone else but I missed the “-inlgy expensive” out of the first sentence and was expecting the sighting of some breathtaking honey 😆

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

timdrayton- neither can we although i use the honey for just the same reason !!

snaps
    Free Member

Saw Rolf Harris being photographed & Frank Lampard in an 09 reg Ferrari in Knightsbridge today.

easygirl

i met the queen in wigan!

Junkyard
    Free Member

did Liz get a wigan kebab then?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Harry Redknapp at our work yesterday.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Saw Michael Stipe driving a bus in Newcastle-Under-Lyme on Tuesday.

brant
    Free Member

I met the bloke from Funn. He’s ace.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I met Dave off of The Hairy Bikers in Booths car park today, does that count?

UncleFred
    Free Member

I now have a mental picture of Shaun Ryder and Bez doing their weekly shop.

Shaun picking up Brussel sprouts and Bez begging him to buy a packet of Skittles.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Ace Frehley, Paul Stanley and Peter Criss from Kiss. By which I mean 3 friends in fancy dress. I was Gene Simmons and it was the best use of lycra in the history of ever.

mudshark
    Free Member

stood behind mark lamar in sainsburys till queue the other day

he had his ipod on and looked miserable as hell

Yeah I used to see him there too – wearing a hood with music playing and trying not to catch anyone’s eye.

scuttler

Lovin Bez and Shaun regularly shopping in Glossop. There’s definitely a sitcom in that.

Bez: Can we get a melon? Can we? Can we?
    Shaun: Don’t start that shit again… Now ‘urry up. We’ve got to get the post office before it closes.
    Bez: Sorted.

brakes
    Free Member

I saw this person from Teachers on Upper St

wonnyj
    Free Member

prince charles in clarence house last week

kimbers

also saw jonny lee miller and james purfoy havin lunch with their wives on chiswick hi street 2 weeks ago, my missus was gawping so much she almost walked into traffic

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

TODAY, not last week or the other day, I saw that Fox bloke off that ch4 programme where Fox and Neil Morrisey started a pub and brewing their own real ale. Actually I see him every day and Neil Morrisey when he comes up to Harrogate.

wors

mrs saw katy ( sammy winward) out of emmerdale (blonde one) a few weeks ago while i was seeing the doc 👿

mudshark
    Free Member

Kimbers – What about Ant and Dec? I never saw them; such a shame…. Richard Briers, Toyah…oh I used to live on one of the roads where they made Stella Street – Mick and Keith’s corner shop was on the corner of my road. Saw them filming a few times.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Lots of people saw me out and about in That London’s famous London, today. I was lesser spotted in the Haunch of Venison gallery, behind the Royal Academy, then window-shopping in Burlington Arcade with me mum. State of my mum’s coat. About time she had a new one. She don’t care.

I gave my seat up to a pregnant lady on the tube. She’s off the telly, but I can’t remember why or where or what.

My little friend does a yoga class that she claims that exotic lass out of Glupton of Solace was in, but she won’t let me come along, to find out. I refuse to believe this, anyway, as my little friend thinks that the only word that rhymes with orange is ‘Borange’. There is no such word.

I drink in a pub frequented by John Hegley, John Power out of Cast and The La’s, and a few other bods. Both Johns are sound fellers. Mr Hegley has turned down my offer of a pint on more than one occasion.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Kenny Baker (the guy inside the R2D2 droid in Star Wars) asked me if i could pass him down a bottle of Tia Maria from the shelf at Sainsbury’s last week – i told him to sod off as 1) it’s a girls drink and 2) he sure as hell don’t look 18 to me.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

saw prince phil in wigan

samuri
    Free Member

as above, my wife saw the queen in Leigh yesterday.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It wasn’t yesterday, but I was in a building society up near Middlesbrough a couple of years back.

The teller said ‘Ohh look – that’s Malcolm MacLaren’

I turned around expecting to see the inventor of punk rock, instead I saw the (then) ginga, red faced, bloated manager of Middlesbrough. Most disappointed

grynch
    Free Member

I was on a plane from Plymouth a couple of weeks ago.. Rick Stein got on at Newquay and sat next to Mrs. and I.

he didn’t say so much as a single word the whole flight ( ok it was 45 minutes )

and oh ya… I’m still fighting with AVIS ( re. the same trip )

Joxster
    Free Member

I saw myself in the mirror this morning and it was scarey 😯

geoffj

Spencer from Balamory drove me into Perth this morning – no really!

MartynS

Gordon Burns…….

mcboo
    Free Member

Peter Capaldi lives round the corner from us, Tamsin Outhwaite too who always wears HUGE “don’t look at me, but look at me” sunglasses. Jon Simm, Fran from Travis, Dermot from Sky News, Mark Urban off Newsnight, Damian “Band of Brothers” Lewis.

Thats Norf London for you, I should be a paparazzi, I always clock them.

Oh and my mrs saw John Snow on his bike yesterday, riding along in his suit….not surprisingly she noticed the mental tie first.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

i was at a party with matt helders on saturday

brakes
    Free Member

mcboo – where abouts in North London?

I thought I saw Damian Lewis this morning riding down Liverpool Road – Angel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I elbowed Nigella Lawson out of the way to get to the asparagus in Waitrose the other day.

bigdawg
    Free Member

i nearly ran over Rav (crimewatch / one show) on monday – he was filming something whilst walking along a cycle path…

he’s **** mahoosive by the way….

llama

missus llama nearly ran Jamie Oliver over a while back as the twunt stepped out in traffic without looking

bowglie

Saw Jessica Ennis walking her dog yesterday – blagged an autograph, whilst making a complete fool of myself 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘anyone met anyone famous today?’ is closed to new replies.