Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone know the tyre clearance of a 2015 Genesis Croix De Fer 
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Stainless if that makes any difference. All i can find is its more than last year cheers

houndlegs
    Free Member

If no one can answer you before, I’ll measure tomorrow for you.

Edit;not stainless though, but the frame only option.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got a CdF 10 with the replacement fork on it (After recall) and there’s getting on for 10mm each side at the rear and 15mm at the front free. Standard tyres are 35s
    40-42 should fit I reckon, reasonably easily 🙂

EDIT
    Maybe not with mudguards though

firestarter
    Free Member

Mmmm… interesting so a real dilemma tripster ti cdf stainless or shand stoater at really a bit too much over budget best i start another thread lol

iainc

I had a good look at the stainless one on a launch night. I was put off a little by the crankset and push fit BB. I bought the 30, which IMO had better components. Same fork on them both I think and it has loads of clearance. The pinch point will be on the back as the 105 front mech has a long arm and when in big ring is about 8mm clear of the stock conti crossspeed 35’s.

Superficial
    Free Member

Whilst we’re at it, I want to know the max tyre size with mudguards on a Croix de Fer 10. If anyone knows?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Just had a quick measure,didnt drop the wheels out mind,50-52 ish mm is about the tightest gap the tyres pass through. Can’t help with the front mech thing ianc mentioned as I have a different one on mine.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Croix de fer 30 here. Running 40mm marathon supremes which on stock Rims are actually around 39 mm at widest part. They fit under my 50 mm wide guards fine. But as iain says, the front mech arm is the limiting factor. I would not want to go and bigger…. 45s at an absolute squeeze. But then tire size (actual) varies so much a 45 in one brand could be 38 in another…. And also rim size makes a difference.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone know the tyre clearance of a 2015 Genesis Croix De Fer ’ is closed to new replies.