Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Anyone know pete Armstrong
  • hambl90
    Free Member

He goes by petearmstrong00 on here, bought a garmin gps off him a week ago and not received it yet even though he said he’d post it first thing the next day, sent him a few emails but he’s not replied to any, there maybe a genuine reason for this but I got a bad feeling about this, if anyone knows him please tell him to contact me please,
    Thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

wwaswas

well his posting history isn’t too encouraging, member for a week and only sold small electronic goods.

nickf
    Free Member

Look at his posting history. I have, and I’d be worried.

BoardinBob

Do you know if he was from Cumbria? If so, he was banned almost instantly from this forum: http://www.astronomyforum.net/members/petearmstrong00.html

Two posts and then banned. Both posts appeared like spambot jibberish

And he also appears here punting electronic gear

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dvd-blu-ray-player-classified-adverts/1463523-wanted-sony-blu-ray-player.html

If you’re not registered there and can’t see it, he’s been registered for a week and he’s offering someone a blu-ray player

MentalMickey
    Free Member

For once, we may have a genuine scammer on our hands.

Pulls up a chair, makes pot of tea and festoons a plate with a classic biscuit assortment.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mickey, any chance of a spot of ginger cake, or have you only got biscuits? If the latter, I’ll have a nice lemon shortbread, thanks.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Someone will be along shortly to tell us that Pete is the best person they have ever met. Any chance of a cuppa, Mickey?

letmetalktomark

The use of “festoons” in a thread easily equates to 10 points 🙂

joeydeacon
    Free Member

How did you pay?

If by Paypal then search on facebook using the same e-mail address and it may bring up his profile. Also search on google for both the e-mail addy and the bit before the @ sign – see if he uses that as a username anywhere. Bear in mind he could be using a hijacked account (unlikely though).

If you find his profile, save a copy of it, and also a copy of his entire friends list, before you contact anyone.

If paying by bank transfer then you can do a check on the sort code to find out roughly where he is.

If by cheque then cancel it.

If the mods are feeling especially kind they could hand over his e-mail address he used here, plus (not sure if they would – bit dubious) his password – chances are he uses the same one elsewhere – you might be able to find out more details about him if you log into his webmail.

spacemonkey

More dodgy than a curry I had on a Blackpool stag weekend. T’was not a good experience.

Rochey
    Free Member

iPod for £60, as I said too cheap!!

hambl90
    Free Member

Facebook search came up with nothing , have raised a dispute with paypal.

scaredypants

spacemonkey – Member
    More dodgy than a curry I had on a Blackpool stag weekend. T’was not a good experience

petearsmtrong00 left you sweaty, breathless and with a sore arse ? 😯

@OP – sorry to hear. Best of luck (did you pay by “real” paypal rather than gift?)

hambl90
    Free Member

Yeah paypal not gift, so glad I did.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

**** I bought the psp he was selling on here.

Not replied to any e-mails since the original pictures.

Time to raise a dispute?

Never done one before, how painful/quick is it?

robhughes
    Free Member

Cant get my head round why you would buy of a guy with minimal posts on here,only been a member for a week and especially electronic stuff.
    You really need to take yourself to one side and have a word.
    you,ve only got yourself to blame…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ive used this site so many times to buy electrical goods and sell.

Hell when i came on i sold an iphone as one of my first posts.

Not everyone out there is a scammer.

Oh well no sleep lost just have to see what paypal say.

And it was only £65 which for a second hand psp is pretty fair.

hambl90
    Free Member

Hi robhughes, I’m too trusting I guess, been buying off here for years with not one single problem so I didn’t check his history till I started to get suspicious,will be more careful in future.

Moseymtb, easy to raise a pp dispute go to your pp account page, click details on the payment you want to dispute and at the bottom of that page will be a link for raising a dispute, just follow instructions from there, hope all turns out well.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah cheers mate. I’ve become too trusting on here too. Lesson learnt.

That’s not to say I won’t buy off here again.

Oh well.

robhughes
    Free Member

Hi.Didn,t mean to sound offensive but there are loads of people out there in the ether who want your money to become there money so you do have to keep your eyes open.
    Lucky for you it was not a PP gift so you should be ok.
    Let this be a lesson to you young man.. 😉

hambl90
    Free Member

No problem rob, it’s been a while since ive been called a young man though 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Hahaha.Hope you get your money back bud…
    F#####g ripping off b#####d…..

uplink
    Free Member

you,ve only got yourself to blame…

No, I refuse to support that

The scammer is the one to blame 100%, as soon as you move some of the blame to the victim you’ve given in

robhughes
    Free Member

uplink…so if you get your house burgled because of crap locks…..it,s the burghers fault…get real….

peteimpreza

Sorry uplink is right.

No thieves no need for locks. No scammers setting up scams, no scams to fall for.

We should not have to barricade ourselves in to our own because of some low life scum.

The blame rests with the thief entirely.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yes but this is the real world we live in and there are thieves and scammers so it,s up to you if you don,t want to use locks.
    good luck.hahaha.
    Hence why this thread exists.

Raindog
    Free Member

About time this forum had a feedback system like talkphotography

nedrapier

Quite right uplink, fancy organising a Naive Internet Shopper Walk? Bring your laptop.

nedrapier

nothing against the OP, or anyone else caught, pretty shitty.

robhughes
    Free Member

Naive Internet Shopper Walk… 😆
    peteimpreza..i bet the locks on your motor are solid.
    immobilizer, wheel lock nuts..the works..
    say no more… 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

fancy organising a Naive Internet Shopper Walk

nothing against the OP, or anyone else caught

You didn’t really think that through, did you 😆

uplink
    Free Member

uplink…so if you get your house burgled because of crap locks…..it,s the burghers fault

100% his/her fault

naivety/lack of education/low IQ etc. should never be a reason to shift the blame for crime on to a victim

What about all these young girls walking about in revealing clothes? – asking for it are they?

robhughes
    Free Member

you protect yourself you dumb ####
    don,t put your self in a situation where you can get stitched…
    That,s unless you live in this dream world of yours where crime doesn,t exist.

Brycey
    Free Member

…or apostrophes.

nedrapier

I understood crime is society’s fault?

robhughes
    Free Member

What……Is that the big society 😕
    Or the one we all created…..

pastcaring
    Free Member

it,s the burghers fault

woffle
    Free Member

Not just you

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ipod-classic-6th-gen-160gb-in-excellent-condition

I was going to have the ipod off him then changed my mind, just didn’t sit right – was always told you get-owt-for-nowt and £60 just seemed silly cheap. Just as well by the looks of things.

I got caught out on ebay with what looked to be an ok deal on an macbook air, decent feedback etc. Paypal should sort you out though it won’t be quick – took about 25 days for me to get my refund…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know pete Armstrong’ is closed to new replies.