Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone know anything about the old Lotus mtb's?
  • sefton
    Free Member

I think the early 90’s saw a British bike builder make some mtb’s for Lotus. they also made a track type bike a swell I think!

emmodd
    Free Member

Dont know about the MTB’s but Boardman rode a Lotus to gold in Barcelona.

jedi

mike burrows then he went to giant?

Edric64
    Free Member

The time trial bike was designed by Mike Burrows.It was on the Lotus stand at the motorshow the year Boardman won in the Olympics

seanoc
    Free Member

The chain stay was shaped to afford a little suspension due to the inherent flex in the carbon fibre. I used to think it looked great, never seen one in the flesh mind you.

Saw Boardmans one at the Royal Welsh Show last year – smaller than I imagined.

Free Member

They did a range of MTB’s on the back of the success of Chris Boardman on his Burrows designed monocoque. There was a Carbon MTB which looked like this:

Along with a supporting range of Alu framed bikes, there are a couple of examples on the Retrobike site:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171742&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

chiefgrooveguru

I bumped into their designer riding his one a couple of years ago, when out in the snow in my local woods – I put a photo up here somewhere…

chiefgrooveguru

There it is!

Some more info: http://www.aerotrope.com/bike.html

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I had one of the alloy framed bikes in my shop recently. The mech hangers are now unobtainable and are held on by two M3 screws that thread into the frame. These threads were stripped so the only way to get the bike running was to convert to singlespeed with a DMR tensioner clamped under the QR.

sefton
    Free Member

its the ali bike im interested in

amplebrew

Weren’t the aluminium bikes just re-badged British Eagles?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Sounds like the bikes are like there cars!, Lotus ‘Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone know anything about the old Lotus mtb's?’ is closed to new replies.